Pre bonsai maple fertilizer advice

It is getting a bit unreleated from the topic but anyway.. think I will manage in English tnx.

So I was wondering if it is better to mix it through the soil than to place it on top.
Meaning with that problematic sentence that balls which might be crushed for any reason (like chopsticking the soil) reveal the strong fertilizer from those balls which might cause damage to the roots when it comes in direct contact with the roots.

It is getting a bit unreleated from the topic but anyway.. think I will manage in English tnx.

So I was wondering if it is better to mix it through the soil than to place it on top.
Meaning with that problematic sentence that balls which might be crushed for any reason (like chopsticking the soil) reveal the strong fertilizer from those balls which might cause damage to the roots when it comes in direct contact with the roots.
Interesting thought there . I was thinking to put most of the substrate in then sprinkle a few balls over and then put the final layer of substrate on to finish it off .

Plants don't use NPK in equal amounts so much of that P and K will just be wasted.
I have read you mention this before, but I'm curious if you can share more details. Is there a ratio NPK is believed to be taken up at? I see a good number of fertilizers that are approximately 3-1-2 ratios, and I've wondered if that is related to that principle. Would love to read more on this topic!

Back
Top Bottom