PPB - Keeping Potential Problems at Bay

How about a forum called "The Grow Box" ?

• yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok, some of you know I ran with this PPB, or "keeping potential problems at bay" to try and make it a thing, like HBR(half bare root), since it is so important.

Hmm, sucks you can't search HBR or PPB...
Here's some back story.
http://www.bonsainut.com/search/6949423/?q=potential+problems+wood&o=date&c[user][0]=12599

I realized I have only been considering this in terms of design problems, but I guess it is just as usefully applied to any other problem as well, be it pests, extreme weather, etc.

So what are your problems?

Let's explore it.

If they are all listed, we can avoid them!

Please, I want to hear everything from the best bungee cord to use 11 stories up, or an odd potential problem with a tree no one else has used, from Mugo Knuckles to earthquakes, trident shaped eyesore branches to Hurricanes from Neptune's Trident....

Thanks

Sorce

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My problem? Stepping in dog shit from my neighbor's dogs when I'm walking around looking at my plants on MY PROPERTY... maybe that should be in a different forum all together :rolleyes:

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Seriously though, Inch Worms (canker worms) in early spring. My trees get ravished by them every year. I started by hand picking them and throwing them far away but they're so numerous, that would be a all day/every day long project. A product called Tangle Foot works pretty well. Last year I used Bayers tree and shrub systemic, worked so well, I used it in the morning before work and came home and couldn't find a single one on any of my trees. Just don't use that stuff on flowering trees.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My problem? Stepping in dog shit from my neighbor's dogs when I'm walking around looking at my plants on MY PROPERTY... maybe that should be in a different forum all together :rolleyes:
I trained my dog to not poop in our yard in order to keep that potential problem at bay.
Too bad that not in my yard happens to be in the neighbors to him.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry I missed these.

Or this.

I guess we have it all figured out then?

I was hoping to have another thread to send Newbs to for information.

Please!

Sorce

Gregory DeNinno

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Buying too many trees. Although, I have so many that my wife can no longer tell (or care) when I add a few more to the "forest".

Gregory DeNinno

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's spelled differently than I've seen before.
I've always seen it spelled Aries.
And the Roman's called him Mars.
Spelled "Ares" is also the program name for NASA's next generation heavy lift rocket. 3..2..1.. blast off...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or a really really fast car!

Sorce

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I trained my dog to not poop in our yard in order to keep that potential problem at bay.
Too bad that not in my yard happens to be in the neighbors to him.
I didn't know we were neighbors, we could've been hanging out a while ago :), one question though, why do you have a fenced in back yard but let your dogs roam in mine? I guess I'll continue launching your dogs' shit over the fence, sorry for the stains on the siding...

Top Bottom