Potomac Bonsai Association Spring Festival 2014

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll be there on Friday morning certainly. Hopefully my buddy's spare room in the area will permit me to hang out on Saturday also.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
are any of you planning to work/volunteer at any of it? If not and you want to, I can put you in touch with the appropriate individual. Only looking for about 3 hrs time doing stuff like making sure exhibit trees dont grow legs, answering questions, assisting at workshops, manning the help tent, etc. EASY stuff.
OK, who's first? :D

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll likely be there on Friday morning too. Would be fun to meet up with folks from here in person.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'll likely be there on Friday morning too. Would be fun to meet up with folks from here in person.

That'd be good since the last time we were to meet you went ahead and had a couple children!

If anyone wants to meet up, I'll shoot my cell number via pm. Bnut photo opp?

Anyone considering the new talent competition?

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All you local guys say what's up.

Last edited:

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That'd be good since the last time we were to meet you went ahead and had a couple children!

If anyone wants to meet up, I'll shoot my cell number via pm. Bnut photo opp?

Anyone considering the new talent competition?

Oh yeah, sorry about that :)

I'm not going to try the new talent competition. I usually get in early Friday morning, and spend half the day at the vendor tent and wrap up with a leisurely tour through the bonsai exhibit. Fridays are great because it's not crowded and the vendors aren't sold out yet. Plus, parking on the weekends there is a nightmare - if you can't get parking in the lot near the exhibit, you might have to park on the other side of the Arboretum which is far and a pretty steep hill (at least when you're carrying a lot of goodies back to your car).

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I always miss this due to work or other commitment, sure hope I can make it this year.

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah, sorry about that :)

I'm not going to try the new talent competition. I usually get in early Friday morning, and spend half the day at the vendor tent and wrap up with a leisurely tour through the bonsai exhibit. Fridays are great because it's not crowded and the vendors aren't sold out yet. Plus, parking on the weekends there is a nightmare - if you can't get parking in the lot near the exhibit, you might have to park on the other side of the Arboretum which is far and a pretty steep hill (at least when you're carrying a lot of goodies back to your car).

I wish they allowed us to park on the side road where security always positions its blockade. Its a great event which I have always enjoyed. I recommend all go that are able to make it.

Nomiyama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I agree and please support the vendors! We tend to see a lot of the same faces every year and they deserve any and all support you can give them. When it comes to selling either bonsai or bonsai related products it's a labor of love. From my past experience most seem to do it not for monetary gain but more for the love of the art, which is commendable. Every time I see a vendor or bonsai business owner for that matter I respect them because I know it can't be easy selling in such a nitch market.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Volunteers needed

If you belong to a club withing PBA I urge you to step up and be a volunteer for a two hour slice of your life. Go to this link which has it all broken down. Really simple, and a small price to pay for the opportunity to go to a FREE 3 day festival with imported talent and workshops.

http://potomacbonsai.com/festival/volunteer.html

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I need to sign up with the Northern VA club and then I'll definitely volunteer for a couple of slots. My work schedule is somewhat flexible, so I should be able to cover some Friday slots.

Reaction score
Yes I agree and please support the vendors! We tend to see a lot of the same faces every year and they deserve any and all support you can give them. When it comes to selling either bonsai or bonsai related products it's a labor of love. From my past experience most seem to do it not for monetary gain but more for the love of the art, which is commendable. Every time I see a vendor or bonsai business owner for that matter I respect them because I know it can't be easy selling in such a nitch market.

Speaking of Vendors...

I sent emails inquiring into your event to see
about participating and being a vendor selling my
Brush Paintings on scrolls, bds, etc... I had been told
by one of your members about it at the ABS Convention,
In Saratoga Springs...
and thought it would be fun, seeing I had never been to
the Arboretum, was willing to make the journey from Florida
to endure the expenses and everything...
BUT... NO ONE BOTHERED TO EVEN RETURN THE MULTIPLE EMAILS .
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
workshop and volunteer slots are filling up. Hope everyone is able to sign up for what they want.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Speaking of Vendors...

I sent emails inquiring into your event to see
about participating and being a vendor selling my
Brush Paintings on scrolls, bds, etc... I had been told
by one of your members about it at the ABS Convention,
In Saratoga Springs...
and thought it would be fun, seeing I had never been to
the Arboretum, was willing to make the journey from Florida
to endure the expenses and everything...
BUT... NO ONE BOTHERED TO EVEN RETURN THE MULTIPLE EMAILS .
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I spoke with both the PBA prez and the webmaster in charge of the operation of the website/"email us" feature. For some reason there is a broken part of how it goes from webpage to email (I doubt if I said that right). Unfortunately no emails at all have shown up. Now the vendors are again full, as always. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Potomac bonsai association spring festival this weekend

Just a reminder to those in the DelMarVa region that the PBA Spring Festival is this weekend at the US National Arboretum. No admission fee for the tree display of members, or any of the Arboretum Bonsai museums (North American, Japanese, or Chinese Pavilions), or the vendor tent, not to mention the general Arboretum grounds.
Here is a link to the festival, and all the different workshops that you can also buy a seat in, and even some of these are free. Rodney Clemons and Arthur Joura will be guests at some of the workshops.

http://www.potomacbonsai.com/festival/index.html

Hope to see some of you there!

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm still planning to be there first thing Friday morning :)

Top Bottom