Pot Chop ID?

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I have a largish (+/- 14"x9"x4") unglazed Yixing rectangle, cut corners, otherwise boringly smooth lines, sort of oatmeal clay. IIRC I bought it from someone on this forum.
Nothing special about the pot, but I'm puzzled.
The mark on the left in this photo is clearly Yixing, but I have no idea what the circle mark is.
Any ideas, anyone? Anyone named Ryan Bell?
fullsizeoutput_d57.jpeg

IMG_0010.JPG

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
I have a largish (+/- 14"x9"x4") unglazed Yixing rectangle, cut corners, otherwise boringly smooth lines, sort of oatmeal clay. IIRC I bought it from someone on this forum.
Nothing special about the pot, but I'm puzzled.
The mark on the left in this photo is clearly Yixing, but I have no idea what the circle mark is.
Any ideas, anyone? Anyone named Ryan Bell?
View attachment 135662

View attachment 135663
The circular mark has two parts, the top part translates into "Baoren Pottery Arts", Baoren could be the name of a person or a company. The lower half is not very clear, "Ren Lao ???", could be the name of the actual pot maker if Baoren is a company name.

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
The circular mark has two parts, the top part translates into "Baoren Pottery Arts", Baoren could be the name of a person or a company. The lower half is not very clear, "Ren Lao ???", could be the name of the actual pot maker if Baoren is a company name.
Thanks!

Top Bottom