Post your dwarf alberta spruce

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I just finished pruning this one. It’s a little bit different because it’s not intended to be a proper bonsai, but a living Christmas tree! We don’t have space for a full-sized tree, and keeping one alive over the years seems like it will be fun. It is Picea glauca ‘Conica’, 35” tall with a 2.5” trunk.

I’ll try to remember to post again when it’s decorated for Christmas.

Fi5ch

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here is a crappy little DAS I started ~4 years ago and grew bored with as I found better species. Fun to hack away when I was a complete noob, but it doesn't respond well to most techniques.

IMG_7244.jpg.

Cruiser

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Here is a crappy little DAS I started ~4 years ago and grew bored with as I found better species. Fun to hack away when I was a complete noob, but it doesn't respond well to most techniques.

View attachment 521999.
Agreed. Good starter material, in some ways.
Since they're so cheap and hardy they are a great species on which to practice pruning, wiring, and repot skills.

Wired branches on mine stayed in place after one wiring and a bit of play later in the season. The new growth does angle upwards.

Last edited:

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Got this little guy Christmas 2021. Have not pruned it at all and it's only grown about 3/4" and maybe 1" on a couple branches. I guess I did root prune when I repotted almost 2 years ago.

IMG_20231219_134256.jpg

Top Bottom