Planning on building a 8x3 ft forest

The idea of different thickness trees is to give a good sense of distance, the forest will be made out of 3 distinct groups to emphasise that.
I understand the principle behind forest arrangement. I have built my own smaller forest that is still in development.

I just don't think the trees selected will provide a convincing image of a forest.

They are nice trees but I dont that they are not going to work in this composition the way you think they will. Will look more like some large trees staning out in the middle of a field with another group standing in the field at a distance.

Just my opinion. If that's the image you want and like they are your trees and it's your project. I hope it comes together in the way you want.

Again, like the idea of a large maple forest.
My favorite forest is Mach5's beech forest which is probably why I like less chunky trees for a forest.

BEECH 4_20.jpg

I think this is Bill Valvanis's, not sure but I also love this one.
6-2012.jpg

The main concept will be to mimic some of the landscape we could see at mount Fuji, were the blend of autumn colours can create a show on its own in bonsai form.
I understand that wood is not the best material although I see it as a way to hide all the training pots wile the composition is being trained, for a final pot I envision several smaller unglazed pots forming a larger one almost as a jigsaw 🧩 puzzle (I may have to remortgage the house for that 😂)

View attachment 537292

Might want to check out this link even though the forest has all same trees. Especially Height/layout/planting order of trees diagram Per Kato/Valvanis recommendations.

Good luck
DSD sends

Back
Top Bottom