Penjing Update

The trees look healthy, but to me, the overall design is not so good. Just a personal opinion, but I would use a wider pot to have more difference between each group of trees.

the lil dead wood elements on the sides are really cool, IMO. It feels like theres a problem with scale, though. I wish the foliar mass could come down a few inches

The Penjing look alike is not too bad. I guess 100 people would do it a different way but I rather like it. I am not a fan of mud men. I would rather imply a human touch than fake it. That's me though and I have no problem with others using them. The green and the red maple planted together, in my honest and humble opinion, looks horrible.

Take a closer look at the dead(ish)wood on the left. Familiar?🤔😃

You thinking this one?

p6237676-jpg.248554

That is irony for you but at least it is still serving a function.

ahhh...you mean these two!

P61176671.JPGP81579341.JPG

Some people can do bonsai, and other find comfort just talking about it. That is a pretty costly piece of decoration. There is a small part of me that just feels sad for this guy.

Take a closer look at the dead(ish)wood on the left. Familiar?🤔😃

Dang, that's too bad - he seemed really stoked about that tree back when I first posted it for community opinions. :(

In regards to the OP though, this little Penjing scene is appealing to me. Looking at it head on I would want to move that front trunk on the right a little further to the right and back some. Looks a little out of place with the rest of the composition.

I would ask for a refund. That didn't last more than one growing season.

Back
Top Bottom