Option to permanently unwatch thread

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I really like the "watch" feature, but it's missing one small bit. I often find myself posting in one of the big, long running threads (the various picture required threads), but don't want to updated on every new post. After I post, I find myself always clicking the unwatch button.

I'd rather not turn off the feature to automatically watch threads that I comment in, so it would be great if the unwatch dialog had an option to permanently unwatch a thread (until we turn it back on)

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
not quite; it is an option to disable the behavior of automatically watching a thread you interact with. It is not an option to override the automatic watching when you manually un-watch a thread.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I wish…I’ve asked…at least to have the ability to ignore specific threads, if that’s what you mean.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really like the "watch" feature, but it's missing one small bit. I often find myself posting in one of the big, long running threads (the various picture required threads), but don't want to updated on every new post. After I post, I find myself always clicking the unwatch button.

I'd rather not turn off the feature to automatically watch threads that I comment in, so it would be great if the unwatch dialog had an option to permanently unwatch a thread (until we turn it back on)

I don't quite understand this. Are you saying that you have "automatically watch content you interact with" turned on in your account preferences, but when you go into a thread that you don't want to watch, you click the "unwatch" option... but you still receive notifications(?)

Or is it that you unwatch a thread, go back in and interact with it, and then have to turn "unwatch" back on - when you would rather unwatch for all time unless you tell turn "watch" manually back on?

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Or is it that you unwatch a thread, go back in and interact with it, and then have to turn "unwatch" back on - when you would rather unwatch for all time unless you tell turn "watch" manually back on?
this one!

basically for long running threads, i like to pop in when i feel like it, but would rather not have to manually unwatch after each time i interact with it

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
no need to be negative, I'm just making a suggestion...

as a developer, I wish my users would be this straightforward about what they want, so I'm trying to pay that forward.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
no need to be negative, I'm just making a suggestion...

as a developer, I wish my users would be this straightforward about what they want, so I'm trying to pay that forward.
I apologize if this was directed at me or you thought my comments were directed at you, they were not. I understand @bonsainut only has so much time and resources and some things you just have to work around

Top Bottom