New to bosai. Cuttings and natural transplant help needed.

koda659

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
i have sumac seedlings i my backyard in a range of years from last springs sprouts to ones from about 5 6 year age. how would i go about transplanting them and after care. plus i have a white ash tree out front of my house, birch tree sry dont know which species of birch, blue sprouse, pine again sry dont know which species grey/brownish bark and long needles, cedar sry again no species, apple multiple species including crab, have rooting horimone gel clonex to help with cutting propigation but would like help which would be best for beginer like me cause i can get the others at any time.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Koda. Welcome!
If you add your location to your profile we can better help you. Also if you figure it out post pictures of the trees you don't know what they are. Then maybe an I.D. can he made.
I myself wouldn't mess with sumac because like the head nutter said in your other thread they have big compound leaves.
Once we know where you live we can also help you better to make a good selection for beginner species.

koda659

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
20160127_121949.jpg and my naturally bonsaied japanesse maple not a little bonsai but still gorgeous. planted by landlord when he was kid. well over 20 years old.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is Eastern White pine. Some people on here are trying them.
Of all of the trees pictured none catch my eye or are good subjects for bonsai.
Good beginner bonsai trees for your area would be elms (just about any species)
Junipers. Shimpaku,procumbens,parsons.
If you want to try pines. Mugo or scots.
All of the trees listed above survive where I live. They should do well for you also. You might even have warmer winters if you have Japanese Maples. Too cold for them here.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sumac might be compound.
Might be difficult.

But the fall colors are nothing short of beautiful.

Search it.

They are fantastic!

Sorce

koda659

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
its not native to here it was planted by my landlord over 20 year ago. it gets at the harshest here -30 to -40. some how shes lived and i think it because of my climate she naturaly bonsaied. and ive looked the sumac bonsaied up and looks absilutly gorgeous. dont know many trees that work well but i was just wondering if the trees at my place would work. and how would and when would i want to take a cutting. like i said a got clonex rooting horomone to help out.

koda659

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
i like the sumac i think i might try it. but how would and when would i want to take a cutting. like i said a got clonex rooting horomone to help out.

Top Bottom