My sumo crepe myrtle...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I purr/moan/whimper when I see this trunk. I just can not help myself. 🥰... 7 inch base on it all around. It's dang sweet.

Then add in the pot from Broken Branch Pottery that arrived today. I don't believe in could have commissioned a better pairing. Can't wait for 2025 repotting season.
1000038404.jpgScreenshot_20240930_151414_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240925_200035_Samsung Notes.jpg

Sweet tree, sweet pot! What is your long term vision for the tree? I could see it being quite a bit shorter but perhaps you have other ideas :)
Thank ya kindly. To think the pot I found on auction. It wasn't commissioned...yet it's amazing with it. 😎

I haven't decided yet as to height of tree. I know I've chose my front. There are easily three front possibilities. Which is why it was going into a round... I won't truly assess until dormant and I wire it. I've more or less...just drooled over the trunk.

Sweet tree, sweet pot! What is your long term vision for the tree? I could see it being quite a bit shorter but perhaps you have other ideas :)
I reckon...I do see a shorter canopy. Truthfully...I never truly focused there. It's relatively new material. Finding my front got me inside my head. As I said there are 3 good fronts.

Then distracted by the trunk. I've not focused on the canopy other than to test a few branches to see if I can toss wire on it. As these eventually go brittle.

But since you asked that question to me. I actually studied the canopy image, absolutely... yes...it needs shorter. It's way to tall. I've just not put my effort of focus there. Truly...not until dormant will I study with intentions to focus on such matters.

Now live footage of the delicious bark and pot together. I swear I couldn't ask for a better pairing combo. I didn't even hunt long before finding it. Crazy... some things are just meant to go together.

*A direct link permits ones without an account to view that posting. They can not open any other posts I've shared there.

Took the wind from my sails. I thought...when was this repotted last? A few months back it seems. This will not be repotted as I had intended. I don't like to push trees past boundaries. A dead tree in a pretty pot serves no purpose.

So I'll be keeping it in the organic mix. Yes...read that back again. 😉 repot for 2026 now set.

I love the tree that much...that I'll wait.

Well...that was short lived. I spoke to Jason. He's my vault I trust.

"Spring 2025 should be fine. Crepes are tough plants"

So there is no reason to put it off. I imagine I'll still be timid and not overly work the roots.

I needed Jerry Meislik to push me too. When it come to that Natalensis of his. I didn't want to repot it the year it came. If I'm not pushed by ones I trust. Things get delayed. Lol I don't do failure all that well. So I am overly cautious even after all these years.

Back
Top Bottom