My Poplar thread

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey everyone. Lately I noticed I've been working on trees a lot lately, then I realized that I have tons of willow and cottonwood cuttings that have a all been produced from 3 plants last year.

I may get a ton of cap for my willows but ive been having fun with them and they give me stuff to work on while my more prized trees do their thing.

I've also had the chance to get 2 free ball and burlap cottonwoods in the last year and they are also a lot of fun and can take a hell of an attack by me.

So this thread is where I will start posting progressions of my little poplar.

Here's the first, only because I had to unwired it today, and will need to rewire and cut back after work lol
This was the first willow cutting I took just about a year ago. It's about 4 times as thick as it originally was and grows faster then anything I've ever seen. It was about 8 ft tall when I did the first styling this spring and it started as a little 4 inch cutting last summer in a 6 inch pot.20160529_082433.jpg
I won't doubt many will tell me not to waste my time on willows, but don't waste your time. I like 'em.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom