Reaction score
This stuff is gold!
The water is testing as follows (typical fish tank water analysis):-
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10 ppm
kH - 3
pH - 7.2
Phosphates are testing around 1 (the point at which algae starts to grow in a tank).

Ive been using this on my JRP and Shimpaku over the past 2 mths and ive never seen the needles/foliage so vibrant and healthy looking.
Both trees just look healthier overall.
I cant test for everything, just the basics so whatever else is in the water is having a very positive effect on my JRP and Shimpaku.

Im going to use this "juice" at repotting time as i have a sneaking suspicion it will have a positive,healing effect on the roots (like applying a weak solution of fish emulsion).

Im sure other people have tried this and found it to be a great supplement to their regular feeding regime'.

Give it a go, it works wonders!

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have done this as well for many years now, the water from aquarium water changes is used for watering my tropical indoor bonsai. I also have a dehumidifier in my basement that captures all the humidity that evaporates from three aquariums and bonsai. The water from the dehumidifier is recycled back to the bonsai. I also throw all my air plants in the aquarium to water them every couple of weeks.

Reaction score
Bonsai and reef keeping. I see you and I are both gluttons for expensive hobbies.

I have done this as well for many years now, the water from aquarium water changes is used for watering my tropical indoor bonsai. I also have a dehumidifier in my basement that captures all the humidity that evaporates from three aquariums and bonsai. The water from the dehumidifier is recycled back to the bonsai. I also throw all my air plants in the aquarium to water them every couple of weeks.
Its great stuff.
Recycled dehumidifier water is another great idea as is popping your air plants in the aquarium water 👍

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
i used to dump aquarium water in all my trees back home, but where i am now gets too hot in summer, and i've got a top floor apartment, so the water gets way too hot, even with fans on

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You could always grow a Mangrove forest ;)
You beat me to it.
I am officially without a marine tank for a year now. I had been keeping them steadily since 1972. Things were a lot different back then. At one point I had over 40 tanks including my coral propagation tanks.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This stuff is gold!
The water is testing as follows (typical fish tank water analysis):-
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10 ppm
kH - 3
pH - 7.2
Phosphates are testing around 1 (the point at which algae starts to grow in a tank).

Ive been using this on my JRP and Shimpaku over the past 2 mths and ive never seen the needles/foliage so vibrant and healthy looking.
Both trees just look healthier overall.
I cant test for everything, just the basics so whatever else is in the water is having a very positive effect on my JRP and Shimpaku.

Im going to use this "juice" at repotting time as i have a sneaking suspicion it will have a positive,healing effect on the roots (like applying a weak solution of fish emulsion).

Im sure other people have tried this and found it to be a great supplement to their regular feeding regime'.

Give it a go, it works wonders!
😬 Your readout makes my kids'goldfish tank look like a stagnant swamp.😝 I'm virtually maxed out on everything, though the pH is staying neutral.
I water with the fish water routinely. Helps with water changes; just top it off now and then. My 11yo's lucky bamboo isn't looking great, so I'm hanging them in the tank until the color comes back.
I really need to sort out the filtration.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Its great stuff.
Recycled dehumidifier water is another great idea as is popping your air plants in the aquarium water 👍
Recycled dehumidifier water has concentrated contaminates, not sure it would be the best.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
I wish I could water my bonsai with fish tank water. But I am not lugging 33 tanks worth of water changes up 2 flights of stairs at night.
In Taiwan, houses are not flat. They are rooms stacked on top of each other. Most houses, which are not apartments are about 5m x 11m ( 16.5' X 37') and 4-5 floors tall with an open roof. Stairs are a way of life here.
Buckets, stairs and water not such a good combo. Throw in a beverage or 3 and it may as well be an obstacle course.

Reaction score
i used to dump aquarium water in all my trees back home, but where i am now gets too hot in summer, and i've got a top floor apartment, so the water gets way too hot, even with fans on
i've got a top floor apartment, so the water gets....
I thought you were going to say...dumped over the balcony : )

Reaction score
You beat me to it.
I am officially without a marine tank for a year now. I had been keeping them steadily since 1972. Things were a lot different back then. At one point I had over 40 tanks including my coral propagation tanks.
That old saying...great minds think alike 👍
I cant imagine trying to run all that nowadays...imagine the power bill o_O

Reaction score
Wow moke, they're really cool...makes my effort look a bit simplistic.
Mines a low tech tank with Anubias attached to a couple of pieces of driftwood.
One piece is fake and the other one is a piece of bogwood i think.
Im going to place a few taller plants in the background but im yet to decide which ones.
Nice job 👍

Reaction score
😬 Your readout makes my kids'goldfish tank look like a stagnant swamp.😝 I'm virtually maxed out on everything, though the pH is staying neutral.
I water with the fish water routinely. Helps with water changes; just top it off now and then. My 11yo's lucky bamboo isn't looking great, so I'm hanging them in the tank until the color comes back.
I really need to sort out the filtration.
LOL.
Are the fish trying to jump out of the water Shady?
My mate let his tank water get so bad all his fish were trying to jump out of his tank.
I helped him do a 50% water change and then 2 days later, another 50% which helped to bring his water parameters back down to acceptable levels.
If the filter's not up to it, all sorts of bad things can happen to your water.
If thats the case, increase how often you do your water changes and change larger volumes too because this is the only way to keep your water reasonable when your filter isnt up to the job 👍
Hope that helps you and the kids out 🙂

Top Bottom