My itoygowa shimpaku juniper gets a Mach 5 styling

snowman04

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I had Sergio do a concept drawing from a bunch of fotos I sent him of my tree. It was quite complex and very confusing to look at but he came up with this one:
My Mach5 Juniper Goal.jpg

I am very pleased with the rendering so I finally started with this:

My Mach5 Juniper start.jpg

Made the initial trimming and wiring in two stages today. Stage I:

Mach5 Stage I.jpg

Then Stage II:

Mach5 Stage II.jpg

This was really drastic work for me, that's why two stages. I figure it will be 3-5 years before I get there but I am looking forward to the journey...😁

Looks a good start. Good job.

Was he fast to respond to emails about becoming a student? I never could get replies to emails. My club meets once a year, if lucky, and I don’t have a teacher. I need one.

I contacted him thru here and had no issues. I was not looking to be a student, just looking for a concept drawing...

Looks a good start. Good job.

Was he fast to respond to emails about becoming a student? I never could get replies to emails. My club meets once a year, if lucky, and I don’t have a teacher. I need one.

Hmmm, did you email me? I always reply to everyone. It may take me a bit but I always reply. If you did and never got a response I am sorry. It was one other those rare case where somehow your email fell through.

While on the subject, I am planning to open a school hopefully next year. The work is now under way. I will make sure I'll make an announcement when the time comes on several social media platforms including BNut.

Hmmm, did you email me? I always reply to everyone. It may take me a bit but I always reply. If you did and never got a response I am sorry. It was one other those rare case where somehow your email fell through.

While on the subject, I am planning to open a school hopefully next year. The work is now under way. I will make sure I'll make an announcement when the time comes on several social media platforms including BNut.
Put me on the reserve list!

Exciting news Serg! And good start on the tree!

Thanks Judy! I am really excited about it. I am hoping to generate enough interest to make this venture worth it. I am not super accessible in terms of location but I heard nothing good comes easy! 😂

Put me on the reserve list!
👍

Much appreciated on the reply, Sergio. I remember responding to a thread you posted and emailed along with pics of a few trees to demonstrate where I am currently in my journey. I know you are extremely busy, travel often, and probably have a lot of students.

I am interested in the school (if availability and opportunity exists online) or otherwise being a student. I have nearly 60 trees by now but I feel like I give them each enough energy and care in health, development, and style (so far 😅).

Are we all going to New Jersey or is my thread being hijacked...😁😁😁

Last edited:
I agree... I'll let you know as I move on with the project!

I had Sergio do a concept drawing from a bunch of fotos I sent him of my tree. It was quite complex and very confusing to look at but he came up with this one:
View attachment 551788

I am very pleased with the rendering so I finally started with this:

View attachment 551789

Made the initial trimming and wiring in two stages today. Stage I:

View attachment 551790

Then Stage II:

View attachment 551791

This was really drastic work for me, that's why two stages. I figure it will be 3-5 years before I get there but I am looking forward to the journey...😁
Thanks for posting this. I have one that has a very similar lower 1/3 of trunk as yours, but I have been not sure on what to do with it as far as a design. Scared I will cut off the wrong branches. I had repotted mine at a little more of an angle because of the straight part that initially come out of the soil. This helps to give me a starting point, and just go for it.

Back
Top Bottom