Maples: are this two cultivars different?

Sixty’s

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi folks, I’ve been told that both of this two sets of leaves belong to a Katsura, is it just me or they seem to be different cultivars?

756B6D83-FA01-43C8-AF80-A2EBF9BD3010.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you trust your source? That is the best thing to go on. I would guess by looking at them that they are the same with a very slight difference that could be genetic or environmental. Even leaves from different areas on the same plant can vary.

Sixty’s

Yamadori
Reaction score
Do you trust your source? That is the best thing to go on. I would guess by looking at them that they are the same with a very slight difference that could be genetic or environmental. Even leaves from different areas on the same plant can vary.
I bought them online, bought them because they looked good not necessarily due to the name. I know what you mean with different locations although I have ordered the leafs by age younger leafs to older leafs, the main aspect that is trowing me off is the petiole colour and the midrib colour.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What I'm seeing is that the top row of leaves is more deeply divided and they are more coarsely serrated. The colors are similar enough to be exposure or location on the trees. Could they possibly be Katsura seedlings? They would be labeled Acer palmatum x Katsura. I have a couple of Katsura seedlings and they look very much like mom with slight variations

Sixty’s

Yamadori
Reaction score
What I'm seeing is that the top row of leaves is more deeply divided and they are more coarsely serrated. The colors are similar enough to be exposure or location on the trees. Could they possibly be Katsura seedlings? They would be labeled Acer palmatum x Katsura. I have a couple of Katsura seedlings and they look very much like mom with slight variations
They both from the main plant

Top row sample

176B5994-D999-4EEA-8B15-D2FDDFF78510.jpeg

Bottom row sample

3C4B68E9-45BF-49EB-AD1C-CA48CBD29FCC.jpegB2B151F6-7FC9-45E5-908A-F6D4DFC09989.jpegDAB0B265-5DF4-469E-ABFC-27C70B7EFB3D.jpeg

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Okay, I'm a little confused, which isn't hard to do these days. When you said you bought them online I thought you meant you bought two trees.

Top Bottom