Lance's two trunk Raintree

DSC00793.JPG

....think I'll try and cut that low, straight "branch" off and root it...re-pot this May or so...still aiming for a full on cascade....

of course, in this "blue pot"...:rolleyes:;):D:D:D
DSC00794.JPG DSC00795.JPG DSC00796.JPG

removed remaining leaves off a few days ago, buds starting to show some green....same treatment these received a couple weeks ago...something like that? 👨‍🦳🤷‍♂️....

DSC00792.JPG

....weelllll....the blue glaze is dripped over the light teal real thick so it has a nice extra-3d component I can appreciate....

but, it does have a "I'm gonna' tip over, fall apart and puke my contents everywhere..." look about it....ha, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that....😘🤢🤮💩;)

....weelllll....the blue glaze is dripped over the light teal real thick so it has a nice extra-3d component I can appreciate....

but, it does have a "I'm gonna' tip over, fall apart and puke my contents everywhere..." look about it....ha, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that....😘🤢🤮💩;)
Sorry I thought you were sort of making fun of my penchant for blue pots.

It's not purple?

Blues get no respect.....
View attachment 352801

I like blue. :cool:
Purple pots are harder to come by but @sorce and @ABCarve have most graciously accommodated me in that regard. I seem to have an abundance of blue pots as an alternative. Thanks to sorce, I also have a variety of new colors that I love, like red and pink and the white porcelain one with the blue drippy glaze.

DSC00066 (1).JPG DSC00515.JPG 2013-2020

..waking up at the normal time....last year was slower for some reason....
DSC00797.JPG

DSC00798.JPG

1613161971728.png

..last re-pot 2017...seems to have pushed up in the pot by a couple inches so should be a wild-n-wooly re-pot this May, (weather dependent)....

....I see other folks BRT's in winter and such....can you imagine looking at this half-dead looking thing and not panic...my spot is cold, cold cold....thermostat set at 64, 66 if I'm feeling "entitled"....

Three day weekend, so I suppose it's time to get on it...which means not long until 3 waters a day kicks in once again......

5 year old T-5's....south facing window helps...-11 Celsius right know outside...maybe some horse-hair and newspaper insulation, it's an old house.....

...grow lights help....once I get some leaves?😆😆😆😆😆

DSC00818.JPG

....leaving the bottom long to maintain vigor.....come spring, out-of-scale branching will be cut-back and cuttings will be potted....hmmmmm....might need to make a "pot" run so I'll have some options at re-pot.....but most likely go with the light blue previously shown......creepy Joe did send me a check!! 🤔 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

View attachment 361413

....leaving the bottom long to maintain vigor.....come spring, out-of-scale branching will be cut-back and cuttings will be potted....hmmmmm....might need to make a "pot" run so I'll have some options at re-pot.....but most likely go with the light blue previously shown......creepy Joe did send me a check!! 🤔 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
This is a beautiful tree. I have a little BRT I just acquired and a little nervous to do much with it this year since I’m sooo new.

Thanks!! Great that you found something pleasing too your eye. :cool:

Feed you new friend well and BRT's like to be watered and offered some shaded sun exposure on a hot day.

Welcome to the forum, lot's of great people and trees here to learn from!😷

Back
Top Bottom