JWP Possible Health Issue

81Libra

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pleeeeeease help!! Following instructions I got from someone on the site to start a thread as soon as I notice an issue. I live in southern CO where it’s normally pretty dry, but cooling off now to highs of 70s-80s. Just got this grafted JWP in a small 1in deep pot. Have only been watering it once a day about, until soil surface is dry. Gets about 3-4 hours of direct morning sun. The tree just was shipped from Houston about 10 days ago. When it arrived it was nice and dark green then about 4 days ago, the needles surrounding a few buds started browning. I’ve done No major or minor work, just watering and sun. Does anybody know what’s happening and if it’s serious and what can I do if anything. It’s hard to think I’m overwatering it but I really don’t know. First JWP (grafted on JBP). My black pine doing doing great, it greats watered twice daily and direct sun the whole day so not sure. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! Cheers.
Pics 1 and 2 are from when I first got it. The last 3 are from day before yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.jpeg
    IMG_2957.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2996.jpeg
    IMG_2996.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2993.jpeg
    IMG_2993.jpeg
    655.3 KB · Views: 25
Sorry about your pine. It’s a nice looking little tree. Hard to say what’s going on, but I would guess that you let it dry out too much. That is a tiny pot.

I don’t think that OVERwatering would cause symptoms to appear so quickly.

Good luck!

Sorry about your pine. It’s a nice looking little tree. Hard to say what’s going on, but I would guess that you let it dry out too much. That is a tiny pot.

I don’t think that OVERwatering would cause symptoms to appear so quickly.

Good luck!
Thanks for your kind words! Yes, fell in love with this lil bugger and hate to see it go down hill. I’ve heard so many horror stories of JWP’s being overwatered and I know they like it dry so maybe I am being overly careful with my watering. I’m a total newb and appreciate your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom