Jbp Half-bare root suggestions...

yes thank you for the reply. Also, I apologize for the lazy post. I meant it didn’t grow any candles, but now that I’m looking at the photo again, the first pic kinda looks like itty-bitty candles.
No nee to apologize. this is the type of candle that will thicken your trunk for development.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 72
No nee to apologize. this is the type of candle that will thicken your trunk for development.
Very nice! Idk if this cultivar will put out candles that size, from what I’m told its a slow grower. The previous owner had it for about 15 years.
My regular jbp’s do need better conditions. I need to move them to an area with full sun and get a ez fertilizer routine going. I’m just using miracle gro and alaska fish fertilizer currently but I didn’t start fertilizing until probably May.

Since the JBP is in development you might want to add Oscocote plus or a similar slow release fertilizer to your mix. This will help enhance the growth. I use it on JBP in development and they respond favorably.

… you might start with 1/2 dose. Later on at full+ dosage if you become concerned with a possible higher release rate at high temps, put the pellets in fillable tea bags so they can be removed if a heat dome comes. I use a wire as a staple to keep them anchored so they don’t float during watering.

Cheers
DSD sends

Very nice! Idk if this cultivar will put out candles that size, from what I’m told its a slow grower. The previous owner had it for about 15 years.
My regular jbp’s do need better conditions. I need to move them to an area with full sun and get a ez fertilizer routine going. I’m just using miracle gro and alaska fish fertilizer currently but I didn’t start fertilizing until probably May.
Sorry my mistake, I missed the slow growing cultivar part in your post.
Definitely not the same. Alaska fish fertilizer is one of my regular fertilizer types. For trees in development I usually start fertilizing in the beginning of March for my climate and location.

Looking healthier. Very dense with foliage. I spent some time combing dead needles and rando debri yesterday. Not sure if I’ll finish work on the roots or just leave them to grow this season. I really enjoy this tree in the garden 🥰9EC3C824-5D80-4E0B-8F82-3CECE4B042AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 4833A824-5636-4353-9A8E-1C0CE549285F.jpeg
    4833A824-5636-4353-9A8E-1C0CE549285F.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 45
  • D2D9E041-71E5-4BF3-8860-F8630F863C1C.jpeg
    D2D9E041-71E5-4BF3-8860-F8630F863C1C.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 48
I would spend the year keeping this one fed and getting it nice and strong. Then in the fall do a proper cleanup and then work the second half of the roots in spring of 24. It shouldn't miss a beat and set you up nicely to start regular maintenance on this one.

Back
Top Bottom