Japanese Maple Deshojo 2019

ajm55555

Chumono
Reaction score
Stuttgart DE, via Verona/Padova IT, Atlanta GA.
USDA Zone
7b
I don't have many trees mainly due to space constraints and I consider this Deshojo the last incarnation of my main tree. Yes Deshojos, have many lives, like cats, they die and reincarnate in a new tree. To summarize, I hope to learn from the past.
I'll document its progress and ask for your advice when needed. Thank you all for all the advices I got since I'm here! This forum is really full of information.
My plan is to let it grow naturally and shape it mostly with the clip-and-grow technique, occasionally adjusting branches. I don't plan for a show-ready tree but just to enjoy its colors and growth for a long time.
This is how it was advertised on an online shop here in Germany. I liked its trunk and inclination and that's why I decided for this one.
View media item 5347

Were you stationed at Caserma Ederle? Every time I drove up to Stuttgart I use to stay at Robison Barracks.

@ajm55555 Si abitavo li in Italia per 19 anni. Siamo tornati al Stati Uniti quatro anni fa. Si, lavorato dentro base.

@ajm55555 Si abitavo li in Italia per 19 anni. Siamo tornati al Stati Uniti quatro anni fa. Si, lavorato dentro base.
Did you stay in Italy for 19 years? :-o Wow! I hope you spent a nice time over there!
Now I'm in Stuttgart. There are many US bases around here. Still after a few years my German is far from where your Italian is ;-) Congrats for that!

Did you stay in Italy for 19 years? :-o Wow! I hope you spent a nice time over there!
Now I'm in Stuttgart. There are many US bases around here. Still after a few years my German is far from where your Italian is ;-) Congrats for that!
I was 18yrs old and single when I arrived to Italy, I left Italy married to an Italian and now have 3 kids all born there. ;)

I bought my little Deshojo from an online shop in Germany too, it looks.. suspiciously the same as yours lol. I knew it was a cheap, kinda mass produced type one, just wanted a Deshojo, nothing fancy. My one is potted in too small a pot... Ill do something with it, some time.. Its following much the same thread as yours, my tree, but about 1 year behind. Funny :)

I bought my little Deshojo from an online shop in Germany too, it looks.. suspiciously the same as yours lol. I knew it was a cheap, kinda mass produced type one, just wanted a Deshojo, nothing fancy. My one is potted in too small a pot... Ill do something with it, some time.. Its following much the same thread as yours, my tree, but about 1 year behind. Funny :)
Conor, this is the shop. This year they don't have the cheaper trees they had at this time last year. Yes, they're mass-produced but you can find nice ones among the sticks.
We can call them the twin Deshojos. I'll gladly follow your progression!

Back
Top Bottom