Japanese Maple #1 - update

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It is Aurora.

Oh, years ago, someone told me it got pseudomonas, or even verticillium, and it was gone.

I'm glad it's still there, it's such a beautiful tree, and it brings such good memories. There are still traces of those great moments, and friends like Michel, on the web, like :

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lovely tree. I think it would look nicer in a deeper pot without the soil mounding.

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Beautiful tree. Please share the Walter Pall workout routine. How do you move these trees around? You must be strong as an ox.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Beautiful tree. Please share the Walter Pall workout routine. How do you move these trees around? You must be strong as an ox.
Yes, that figures. My wife says 'you are sometimes stupid as an ox'. It helps to have helpers, but since I have no friends I have to do everything alone. Well, somehow I manage.

ChefB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
very nice.

i got one of these recently i think, or a coral bark green leaf maple...after transport, 3 week drought, then heavy rain for 2 days, i noticed some of the top leafs going brown...about 1/10 of the entire foliage on a 5'x1.5" tree. is it okay to remove that top branch where thats happening or should i just let it go and they recover? thanks

beautiful tree by the way, and ive heard of your good reputation
Defoliate the branch of the brown leaves and this should allow new foliage to grow. It’s likely not dead. Move it out of direct sunlight until it recovers.

ChefB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Defoliate the branch of the brown leaves and this should allow new foliage to grow. It’s likely not dead. Move it out of direct sunlight until it recovers.
Although if you didn’t water it for three weeks it dead.

Top Bottom