Jacqueline Hillier Chrismas miracle

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was Christmas tree shopping this morning at a very over priced garden center that I usually avoid because it caters to builders and landscapers.

But they have decent Christmas trees. And to my surprise, almost tripped over this gorgeous Jacqueline Hillier elm. I've been passively on the lookout for one of these for years to complete my elm collection.

I was sure it was gonna be hundreds of dollars, since four foot Japanese maples run $400 there.

But it was only $89!

Miracles do happen! :)

1000000389.jpg

I was Christmas tree shopping this morning at a very over priced garden center that I usually avoid because it caters to builders and landscapers.

But they have decent Christmas trees. And to my surprise, almost tripped over this gorgeous Jacqueline Hillier elm. I've been passively on the lookout for one of these for years to complete my elm collection.

I was sure it was gonna be hundreds of dollars, since four foot Japanese maples run $400 there.

But it was only $89!

View attachment 518643
Nice find. Such an agreeable, easy-going species (cultivar).

I like the movement of the trunk...I have two of these, one is very big and I'll start working on It in the next spring. I can confirm, a very beautiful cultivar.

But it was only $89!

View attachment 518643
Just wondering if you have done much with this tree yet? Just picked one up myself today so looking over similar Threads.

I obsessively collect different elm varieties, and I have to say--this one is the sexiest. It seems very feminine, so no surprise that it was named after a female.

1000007018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom