Indoor lighting for Little Ollie?

Guns286

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've moved my Little Ollie Olive tree indoors for the winter. I do not get good sunlight thru my windows, so I jerry-rigged an artificial ight setup.
I'm using a desk lamp with a 15w, 900 lumen florescent bulbs. The Ollie gets 6 hours of direct light per day.
I'm wondering if I should get an actual "grow light" bulb? The Ollie seems to be doing ok, but I want to do everything I can to keep it healthy. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
If you leave the light on for about 12 to 18 hours a day, it will be a sufficient supplement for your olive. A "good enough" solution.

I like the light from a 4 or 8 lamp T5 fixture, 48 inches is my preferred size, this will be enough that even without sunlight you could keep an olive happy. But your set up sounds "good enough".

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you leave the light on for about 12 to 18 hours a day, it will be a sufficient supplement for your olive. A "good enough" solution.

I like the light from a 4 or 8 lamp T5 fixture, 48 inches is my preferred size, this will be enough that even without sunlight you could keep an olive happy. But your set up sounds "good enough".

YUP !!!

ed

Top Bottom