How much of a gamer geek are you?

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I used to be the head of Marketing for Black Isle Studios :)

The Gecko in a Can was a promotional item that we handed out to anyone who came to the Fallout 2 launch party. It is really rare - most of the development team doesn't even have them any more. I just pulled it out of my closet because a fan in Germany tracked me down and asked me to send an autograph. Gonna send him some other swag that will make his day :)

That’s awesome, man, you guys really defined an era. Back in probably ’98 or 99’ gave me a large print map of Baldur’s Gate (just the city) to hang near my computer. So many memories tied to this series.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My story was meant to read "my dad gave me" haha. Sorry about that.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wait....Bonsai Nut was a game designer and yet we don't have some sort of snazzy cool Bonsai game to play here on the site?? That is just unacceptable :p:D

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Wait....Bonsai Nut was a game designer and yet we don't have some sort of snazzy cool Bonsai game to play here on the site?? That is just unacceptable :p:D

Is it not enough that I made this web site? :) Here's some of the artwork in my office while I slave away at database coding problems :) And let me clarify one important point - I was NOT the game designer :) Those guys are overworked, underpaid, and as a whole... generally underappreciated.

fallout-pic.jpg

DrBonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Fallout Series were great but I always thought Planescape: Torment was under-rated and under appreciated.
Big fan of XCOM, Starcraft 1/2, System Shock 2. Currently playing Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Fallout Series were great but I always thought Planescape: Torment was under-rated and under appreciated.

Planescape was a tough sell because a lot of people didn't understand it as an AD&D setting. It used the same game engine as Baldur's Gate, but had a different development team, and focused much more on dialogue and decision-making. The guy on the box cover is actually Guido Henkel, the producer. I "borrowed" him for the packaging shoot because he was free :)

planes.jpg

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I play games with lives of tree's does that count?
The first game i got hooked on was probably delta force
Diablo and later Diablo 2
Love mmorpg games but with three kids to little time to play tough but time Will come ill beat my kids playing on the PS4 :p

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Planescape was a tough sell because a lot of people didn't understand it as an AD&D setting. It used the same game engine as Baldur's Gate, but had a different development team, and focused much more on dialogue and decision-making. The guy on the box cover is actually Guido Henkel, the producer. I "borrowed" him for the packaging shoot because he was free :)

Keep ’em coming, Admin, great stuff. PS:T was a cult game, if there ever was one: yes, a more niche game than the BG series, but anybody who has played it can see that it has the best writing, the best character development, the best quests and the best music of all those isometric RPGs. Combat is often brought up as a criticism, but the game is so good that it’s really just an afterthought in the whole experience.

Top Bottom