HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I will forever hide a little old zen master behind that rock.
Many of us here embrace structures and figures.. when done tastefully and correctly.

Others do NOT.

There are no "partial believers"

I like them!

Here's a couple I have around (The closest I could grab for photographs).. two are still "green" AAAAAND spoken for already.
F8EB7649-B9EA-414E-98A5-29C690997F19.jpeg16413631-5660-45FF-B30E-9EC859F8FA49.jpeg62169480-F2C9-4F6F-9966-D1B2FC0BA4CB.jpeg
The rest have already been distributed to these fine, bnut folks, over the past year(ish)

🤓

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
Many of us here embrace structures and figures.. when done tastefully and correctly.

Others do NOT.

There are no "partial believers"

I like them!

Here's a couple I have around (The closest I could grab for photographs).. two are still "green" AAAAAND spoken for already.
View attachment 421109View attachment 421110View attachment 421111
The rest have already been distributed to these fine, bnut folks, over the past year(ish)

🤓
Are these self made?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Are these self made?
Yes they are! 🤓

Lots of us here, work in other areas of fabrication RELATED to "TinyTrees"... Ceramics, concrete, stand building, greenhouse construction, Grow room construction.. Suiseki and it's presentation, scrolls, accents... Ect.. I'd "summon" everyone here.. but that list is SOOO long now.. just hang out for a while.. you'll see who's who.

Lots of us here Sell plants, too! (Some.. on SERIIIIOUS levels! :) )

Also...

"The Tea House" is for the folks who come here for BOTH the Trees/Tree things... AND for the "Fellowship".

Bunch of darn hooligans over there!

;)

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
Yes they are! 🤓

Lots of us here, work in other areas of fabrication RELATED to "TinyTrees"... Ceramics, concrete, stand building, greenhouse construction, Grow room construction.. Suiseki and it's presentation, scrolls, accents... Ect.. I'd "summon" everyone here.. but that list is SOOO long now.. just hang out for a while.. you'll see who's who.

Also...

"The Tea House" is for the folks who come here for BOTH the Trees/Tree things... AND for the "Fellowship".

;)
Phenomenal. I will definitely be on here a lot. I want to do my own work too. Whole reason I'm doing this is my creativity soooo might as well! I love the fellowship anywhere, but I'll check out the tea house for sure

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
Yes they are! 🤓

Also...

;)
What do you specialize in?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I, personally, do ceramics.. pots and structures.. with a strong focus (the structures, mostly) on "defining, refining and TERMING"'this North American "Bonsai" or "Penjing"...

I also sell plants, at piddly levels..

I DO sell alot of veggies/flowers/annual "starters", locally, in summer...

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Phenomenal. I will definitely be on here a lot. I want to do my own work too. Whole reason I'm doing this is my creativity soooo might as well! I love the fellowship anywhere, but I'll check out the tea house for sure
Awesome! I must've missed this one!

There is an entire sub-forum.. dedicated to "Pot Making" under "POTS"... Take a while and explore.. further down that "forums home" page... there's a lot of neat stuff! As a new member here, though, just keep scrolling down.

🤓

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to the B-nut! Always glad to see another nut from the best coast! I'm up here just over the border in SW Oregon. I used to get down to Humboldt Co, love the Eel River rocks, but my friends there moved to Hawaii. I'm all into road trips to see friends and share bonsai stuff, but I just can't make the swim! Pleased to meet you!

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
I, personally, do ceramics.. pots and structures.. with a strong focus (the structures, mostly) on "defining, refining and TERMING"'this North American "Bonsai" or "Penjing"...

I also sell plants, at piddly levels..

I DO sell alot of veggies/flowers/annual "starters", locally, in summer...

🤓
Amazing. Is this your career?

😂😂😂 so good!!! Thank you friend!!

Welcome Aboard!!
So glad to be here!!!! ~

Awesome! I must've missed this one!

There is an entire sub-forum.. dedicated to "Pot Making" under "POTS"... Take a while and explore.. further down that "forums home" page... there's a lot of neat stuff! As a new member here, though, just keep scrolling down.

🤓
I have a ton to catch up on don't I? 😅 I will be doing this all today, thanks friend~

Welcome to the B-nut! Always glad to see another nut from the best coast! I'm up here just over the border in SW Oregon. I used to get down to Humboldt Co, love the Eel River rocks, but my friends there moved to Hawaii. I'm all into road trips to see friends and share bonsai stuff, but I just can't make the swim! Pleased to meet you!
uhhMAZINGGGG HUH. I absolutely love everything about the environment through Humboldt county. I wanted to move to Arcata but it was just too... political. I'm an old soul an believe in a lot of old values and the community kinda made me uncomfortable so I decided not to.

Unbelievable scenery nonetheless!!!!

You'll never believe this but my parents rented a home directly off the Eel river!! It was when I was a ling of course but I used to go there all the time and catch tiny trouts! Then hop over the bridge an catch turtles and go to the dollar tree down the street for some pop! So funny you know the Eel river~

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
Well... I'm a cirrhotic patient, on partial disability..

I'd certainly LOVE for it to be!

I "broke even" last year, between plants and clay.

...So hopefully.. eventually.

🤓
My thoughts and prayers go out to you friend 😔

Can I just say HOW FRIGGIN AWESOME IT IS YOU BROKE EVEN THO? The sustainability and creations you made were paid for, awEESOMEEe!! Of course breaking even is bad for business but great for you. It's hard to get your money back on niche-tiered items!!

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Amazing. Is this your career?

😂😂😂 so good!!! Thank you friend!!

So glad to be here!!!! ~

I have a ton to catch up on don't I? 😅 I will be doing this all today, thanks friend~

uhhMAZINGGGG HUH. I absolutely love everything about the environment through Humboldt county. I wanted to move to Arcata but it was just too... political. I'm an old soul an believe in a lot of old values and the community kinda made me uncomfortable so I decided not to.

Unbelievable scenery nonetheless!!!!

You'll never believe this but my parents rented a home directly off the Eel river!! It was when I was a ling of course but I used to go there all the time and catch tiny trouts! Then hop over the bridge an catch turtles and go to the dollar tree down the street for some pop! So funny you know the Eel river~
I'm an old school hippie dude, I recall bits and pieces of the sixties and none of the seventies, and I hold to the code of the West, "You must remain upright at all times".
In the late seventies there was a large migration to Humboldt Co from S. Oregon in seach of greener pastures. I didn't go. I stayed up here, but I ended up with a lot of friends in Garberville and Redway area with a lot of visitation back and forth. Now, I was a rockhound long before the bonsai addiction and I collected boxes of Eel River rocks. I have a few left and now I have no contacts in the area and I don't need to tell you people are real pissy about trespassers.

TurtleSquisher

Yamadori
Reaction score
I'm an old school hippie dude, I recall bits and pieces of the sixties and none of the seventies, and I hold to the code of the West, "You must remain upright at all times".
In the late seventies there was a large migration to Humboldt Co from S. Oregon in seach of greener pastures. I didn't go. I stayed up here, but I ended up with a lot of friends in Garberville and Redway area with a lot of visitation back and forth. Now, I was a rockhound long before the bonsai addiction and I collected boxes of Eel River rocks. I have a few left and now I have no contacts in the area and I don't need to tell you people are real pissy about trespassers.
Good stuff brotha! I love the history of the West! You're definitely an old soul man!! You gotta send me some pictures of the Eel river rocks, cause last time I saw some was at least a decade and a half ago, I'm super interested.

It's a sᴍᴀʟʟ world...

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Welcome aboard. Personally, I like the screen name. I refer to bonsai as my "pet turtle". Like someone who had loving, interactive dogs all their life and now has a pet turtle that doesn't do all that much. So too this hobby. When I did woodworking, the wood was on my schedule and I could work as much or as little as I wanted. Like a loving dog. These trees, however, have their own turtle schedule. We "squish" this turtle by getting more trees so we have more things to do with our turtles. The, as they say, it's turtles all the way down.

Top Bottom