Help identifying Bonsai Tool and Pot

Tygershark

Seed
Reaction score
Hello, I have inherited a pot and a pair of shears. I was hoping that someone here might be able/willing
to tell me something about these pieces. Thank you.

BonsaiSupplies015.JPG

BonsaiSupplies014.JPGBonsaiSupplies05.JPG
BonsaiSupplies02.JPGBonsaiSupplies03.JPG

The pot looks like it could be Tongrae, which I think is a Korean manufacturer that made pots in the ‘80-90s. Basing this on clay body, shape, and glaze. I don’t specifically remember them doing one that is banded, but that doesn’t mean much.

It is a nice pot. Are you into Bonsai or is this a push to get you started?

It is a nice pot. Are you into Bonsai or is this a push to get you started?
I don't really know, I haven't had good luck with plants. I'm afraid Bonsai might be way too far outside my poor capabilities.
I may just need to sell them to someone who cold get use out of them. I'd hate for them to go to waste.

If you decide to pursue this art, this is the best place to start. There is enough information, knowledge, and experience here that even someone who has no experience has the potential to succeed. And you are actually in a great position, as you have the opportunity to learn from the more advanced level artists before you make the mistakes.
I would encourage you to peruse these threads to find out if it's something you are interested in before you decide to dismiss the opportunity before you.
This forum has been a complete source of inspiration for me.

I agree! The last few years doing this has been very rewarding for me as well...

Back
Top Bottom