Help!! Accident!

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
This little guy is an ever bearing mulberry. He blew over and fell behind a wall. He’s still green in spots.
do I de leaf and trim or just soak and pray?
38551812-CBED-4D2C-93C7-3BF1F641B46D.jpeg9DE4F8C2-2C87-4A76-9657-8B43407D68E4.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd get a new one!

Speaking of her a new one, I hate that faucet, does your "shower" setting only work at high pressure too? I gotta hold mine in to shower slow when I water my windowsill plants. Bloody annoying!

I do like how it moves though, but if I pull mine out too far, it kinks on the heater below and stops running! Yeah heater below, kinda dumb eh? 100yearold design. The first water in winter is always hot AF!

Stoopid!

Have I gotten your mind off that tree?

Sorce

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
Yes! Shower only on high presssure is dumbest thing ever

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
I would put it back and wait If it is still green. It might bounce back. It might die. For me a calamity is just aNother way to add character to a young tree and nice little story if it survives. Good luck

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Lots of trees are very resilient. Most will sacrifice leaves under stress but conserve life in the trunk in the hope that better conditions will be coming soon.
Set it back o n the bench and wait for new growth in a few weeks.
Removing the leaves is not necessary. They will all fall soon anyway but removing them will not hurt the tree and will probably look better. That is entirely up to you.

brentwood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mulberries are tough trees, glad yours made that recovery

Tulsabonsigh

Shohin
Reaction score
It’s very tiny but I think I’m going to wire it soon. It will be my first wiring, I’m a little anxious.

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It’s very tiny but I think I’m going to wire it soon. It will be my first wiring, I’m a little anxious.
If it can handle falling off a bench with such a resurgence of growth, I've got a feeling that some wire won't really bother the tree ;)

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just dont over water it now and go the other way! Lol.

If you are interested in the hobby, get some more trees, practice and do whatever you like and enjoy on this one, but can only do so much work before you have to let it breath.
Buy more trees :)

Top Bottom