Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Honey suckle? Tallow tree, Hydrilla…
melaleuca!
Yes, one of those guesses was correct

Hmm. Chinese Tallow is the most invasive species in Texas, it's estimated they make up 15-20% of our trees IIRC. Impossible to control. They seed like crazy. Haven't seen many as bonsai though, huge leaves and extreme apical growth.
That would be my guess of the 3, honeysuckle being viney/different bark, and hydrylla being a small aquatic plant.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hmm. Chinese Tallow is the most invasive species in Texas, it's estimated they make up 15-20% of our trees IIRC. Impossible to control. They seed like crazy. Haven't seen many as bonsai though, huge leaves and extreme apical growth.
That would be my guess of the 3, honeysuckle being viney/different bark, and hydrylla being a small aquatic plant.
I think it is melaleuca in the eucalyptus family. The other invasive in South Florida that I would be interested in is casuarina.

crab apple

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It actually does.
It wasn't. There are ppl that do occasional come around and spray these trees but this one is on private property and they wont touch it, I've tried to get them to but I guess they get in trouble so they stay off the private land, I remove and kill the ones I can. I think this one is just weird cuz its seems to have no roots to support it and the second flush came out odd looking, the bark on its actually pretty cool and the leaves do reduce.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
melaleuca
Somehow I missed the Tallow confirmation, the bark matches how I remember in Florida. The leaves I thought were very much bigger, but I suppose they are just sprouting. Do you have casuarina in your area? Also called she oak or Australian Pine I believe.

crab apple

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Somehow I missed the Tallow confirmation, the bark matches how I remember in Florida. The leaves I thought were very much bigger, but I suppose they are just sprouting. Do you have casuarina in your area? Also called she oak or Australian Pine I believe.
I don't recall ever hearing of those trees. There is a lot of stuff that I can't identify however. Now that I have a plant ID app on my phone I'm learning of all kinds of species.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They look like pine trees, but the “needles”are segmented and extend. Highly invasive in Florida, but I’ve always been fascinated with them.

1657053621519.jpeg1657053677752.jpeg

Top Bottom