GMC carving tool

Reaction score
Hi ,
I would like to ask for some advice and experience on carving tools.
Im looking into buying myself a rotary carving tool like a Dremel, and the craft superstore near me has a special on GMC "rotary tools" which actually puts it in my price range.

www.gmctools.com/en-GB/Hobby Tools/Rotary Tools/DEC003AC

Then I started looking at the other similar tools for sale which included two Torque crafts (made in china) which were a little more pricey but of which Im sceptical, a very expensive 100W " Proxxon" and Dremel which along with the GMC all looks German/ Netherlands' made. The Dremel is a 130W, and the GMC looks sturdy, the country of origin and the 2 year waranty seems legit, 135 W
I only plan to use it on smaller bonsai, I may still make one big bonsai of 50cm / +-20inches some time but I dont have space and interest in bigger. All of what I have is roundabout 12 inches/ 30cm or on its way there.

Does anyone have any experience with the GMC or heard anything about it?

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have used a cheap plug in the wall dremel for 4 years now. No complaints. Don't get the cordless one. I have it too and the battery will drain too fast to get any work done.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I would just buy a Dremel- the cheapest variable speed one you can get. Tool only if possible most Dremel brand bits are pretty much useless except for a few. http://www.treelineusa.com has a good selection of bits , look under power carving burrs w/1/8th " shaft for Dremel or PM DAle Chochoy who is a member here.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yup I use the dremel with the tree line bits.

Top Bottom