Fun with Maples

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
These have been sitting on beds of pumice. I originally had the red maple siting in sand , but the roots started to escape and the tree responded well but due to how small the pot is , I fear that it will become more reliant on the escaped roots than the roots in the pot. I’m going to cut that apex off either this year or next and cut down again to next set of foliage depending how well it does remainder of growing season into late September/ early October

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
IMG_4959.jpeg
This grouping will never leave this pot .. it’s gonna be cool to get more direction the trees are all secure finally and settled in.. now gonna let it grow and then start cresting branch scaffolding. I let these escape on pumice to the roots still grow and then will start to clump up as well…. This is my favorite Nao pot I own actually .. I know a lot of people have his pots and he’s my favorite potter , I really want to be someone that does his pots justice

Last edited:

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm on the same conquest with the shohin and smaller trees currently, ❤️ then all, subscribed

Top Bottom