From seed Chinese elm

Jdoran001

Seedling
Reaction score
This my Chinese elm I’ve grown from seed 8/20/22 I did wire it but it cut in it seems to be doing fine.
Also pruned couple days ago

Attachments

• 64CDAE55-F694-4E1B-9CA4-C4226ACE6D9D.jpeg
    64CDAE55-F694-4E1B-9CA4-C4226ACE6D9D.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 363C4484-D902-4B8C-897D-D728AB08C1CC.jpeg
    363C4484-D902-4B8C-897D-D728AB08C1CC.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 82
Certainly left the wire on a bit long but that's common for new bonsai growers. Fortunately for us the spiral pattern of trunk wiring leaves intact bark and tissues from roots to branches so wire marks are rarely fatal.
It may take a few years but as that trunk thickens the marks will gradually disappear. Even quicker if you let it grow more to increase thickening rate.

I can hardly believe that this tree has been grown from seed this tall and thick in less than 6 months.
Are you sure about the date you mention?

I can hardly believe that this tree has been grown from seed this tall and thick in less than 6 months.
Are you sure about the date you mention?
I never grown a Chinese elm from seed, but i know with trident maples that is definitely possible (given the right environment. OP also seems to have a growing tent so possibly a extended growing season.
My Chinese elm I bought in September has a branch almost as thick as that all of which was grown in less than 6 months

Certainly left the wire on a bit long but that's common for new bonsai growers. Fortunately for us the spiral pattern of trunk wiring leaves intact bark and tissues from roots to branches so wire marks are rarely fatal.
It may take a few years but as that trunk thickens the marks will gradually disappear. Even quicker if you let it grow more to increase thickening rate.
Yeh these are my first seedling I’ve grown putting them in a tent with some good lite helps a lot

Back
Top Bottom