Free juniper bonsai for anyone in NYC

Lock

Seed
Reaction score
I sort of got scammed by a street seller who sold an outdoor bonsai as an indoor plant (and also gave incorrect care instructions and labeled it as the wrong kind of tree). Only found out in a chance encounter with a bonsai expert. (Thank you aforementioned bonsai expert, if you see this.) Looking for someone with an outdoor area to take care of it.

I'm not really sure how to find someone to take it in. Any additional info on that would also be appreciated. I like it myself, but it doesn't seem like a particularly impressive tree as far as bonsai go (and is kind of also dying). There's a bonsai club in Brooklyn that I'll try calling tomorrow, but I have trouble traveling long distances due to illness so I'm hoping to find someone a bit closer

IMG_9432.JPG

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I don't think that's a juniper. It looks a little like communis, but I don't think it is.
@Fidur you have a plant like this, right? I can't find the name.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I also thought it looked kinda weird for the typical nana juniper sold by mallsai vendors.

Wonder if it could be an Eastern red cedar?

Sorry you got scammed Lock.

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't think that's a juniper. It looks a little like communis, but I don't think it is.
@Fidur you have a plant like this, right? I can't find the name.
Nope. I have a chamelaecium uncinata that reminds this, but not the same species. I think it can be a melaleuca.....

Top Bottom