Flowering Tree I.D. Help

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
Embarassingly...I CAN NOT remember the name of this tree. I bought it last spring (cheap) at a nusery here and he told me the name, of course, I didn't write it down...I'm pretty sure it's a type of Photinia. It's not "chokeberry" because it's an evergreen. Evidently they are very popular here... replacing the Ficus on the city streets because they DON'T have an invasive root system.
Thank for your help!
Best,
Jonathan

Attachments

• photinia 1.jpg
    photinia 1.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 59
  • photinia 2.jpg
    photinia 2.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 50
  • photinia 3.jpg
    photinia 3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 45
  • photinia 4.jpg
    photinia 4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 50
  • phontinia5.jpg
    phontinia5.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 49

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
Indian laurel or something like that. When I googled it I didn't find many pictures so now I am unsure of my answer but that's what I always called it. Interestingly enough a ton of ficus trees come up when you google image Indian laurel

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
Indian laurel or something like that. When I googled it I didn't find many pictures so now I am unsure of my answer but that's what I always called it. Interestingly enough a ton of ficus trees come up when you google image Indian laurel

I actually have a small Indian Laurel...they are very very similar but, then leaf and flower are different. The laurel has a smooth edge on the leaf...the one in question has a slight toothed edge.
Thanks for playing though:)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Raphiolepis indica 'Dwarf Pink' or Dwarf Pink Indian Hawthorn :cool: Is that fragrant:confused:

Grimmy

fraser67

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
PST
By Jove, I think you've got it! Thanks Dario. I don't know if it's fragrant...I've had a bit of a cold:).
Best,
Jonathan

Top Bottom