Fish Stories

Man....I lost 2 fat smallies in the Fox today. Fat green ones.

Nice Striper!

Nice Fro!

Sorce

rods%202016%20001_zpsxagacb8w.jpg

rods%202016%20009_zpsrksaafob.jpg

rods%202016%20007_zps34brvkfn.jpg

rods%202016%20003_zpsherfqw6t.jpg

New 10wt fly rod I built myself to take on my annual 2 week Au Sable trip which starts next Friday. Planning on giving it a good work on with many big pike over the trip. It's a very fast action powerful rod so should be able to cast the big 6"-8" pike flies I tie without issue now.

rods%202016%20001_zpsxagacb8w.jpg

rods%202016%20009_zpsrksaafob.jpg

rods%202016%20007_zps34brvkfn.jpg

rods%202016%20003_zpsherfqw6t.jpg

New 10wt fly rod I built myself to take on my annual 2 week Au Sable trip which starts next Friday. Planning on giving it a good work on with many big pike over the trip. It's a very fast action powerful rod so should be able to cast the big 6"-8" pike flies I tie without issue now.
We still on? Did I give you my number? Crap! I don't remember.
Sorce is going to be so mad. And jealous.

Don't have your # Mike shoot me a Pm with it. I don't have a cell (I'm old fashioned and hate them lol) but I can probably use my Niece's phone when we are in town one day to get a hold of ya. She usually gets a signal when we go into Oscoda/East Tawas.

misc%20005_zpsxjyzanfy.jpg

misc%20004_zpsgckpoaff.jpg

Boat is all ready for two full weeks of chasing fly hooked pike & smallmouth on the Au Sable now :) Usually I only have to clean it up to get it ready but this year I had to do some rewiring. Electrical work is NOT my favorite thing at all but got it done and bilge pump is working smoothly now. T-Minus 5 days...Bring on the fish!!!

So I got a license finally, and killed my slump with a smallie in the Fox.

How's that Au Sable trip boys?

The other day, I said F it and ran a foot long snake on the top of the Des Splaines, the Northern went shark week on me and were blasting it....missing, but catching stupid air! What a rush!

Got my Yak back, goin be some paddling soon!
After 4 years of not being able to store/use it, it was like X-mas getting my hands on it again! Bout to rig up my anchor trollie and get lost!

Sorce

So I got a license finally, and killed my slump with a smallie in the Fox.

How's that Au Sable trip boys?

The other day, I said F it and ran a foot long snake on the top of the Des Splaines, the Northern went shark week on me and were blasting it....missing, but catching stupid air! What a rush!

Got my Yak back, goin be some paddling soon!
After 4 years of not being able to store/use it, it was like X-mas getting my hands on it again! Bout to rig up my anchor trollie and get lost!

Sorce

I like fishing from mine too. Floating the James River for smallies - but mostly drinking a lot of beer.

Spent the past 2 weeks at my home away from home..the Au Sable. Had a great time with family and spent about every waking minute on the river fishing. Was a bit slower than normal this year on the fly but still managed some really nice fish on streamers and foam hoppers. Built a new 10wt rod for big pike flies and managed to put that to use on some pike as well. I have lots of pics to upload over the next few days but here's a start of them.

And on another happy note....all fish/tanks made it through me being gone for 2 weeks. Only loss was one 6" female Venustus but she had some issues for a couple weeks before I even left so that was sort of expected.

More pics to come but here's the start of them...

1_zpsyw1qd83w.jpg

2_zpsg1j0gdm5.jpg

10_zps7v0w3oqx.jpg

9_zpssajjodob.jpg

5_zpsxtn6nfib.jpg

8_zps2tgem5at.jpg

6_zpsqxc6reaj.jpg

7_zpsiskffo1v.jpg

3_zpsvsel6ktq.jpg

more to come...

Back
Top Bottom