Fertilize Olive?

Guns286

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I received my Olive about 3 weeks ago. I slowly worked it into full sunlight and I think it's settling in well. Since I'm in New York I only have about 2 or 3 months till I have to bring the Olive inside because of the cold. Should I fertilize it, this late in the season? Or, wait till Spring?

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 30

Guns286

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've seen conflicting recommendations on fertilizing Olives. Some say only twice per year, others say once per month. I'm new to Olives, so what would you recommend?

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I've seen conflicting recommendations on fertilizing Olives. Some say only twice per year, others say once per month. I'm new to Olives, so what would you recommend?
You are not field growing olive trees for fruit/oil production.
So "twice a year" is not applicable.
You are growing a young olive to be a pre-bonsai and this is different.
So "once a month" is not applicable either, as you want your tree to speed up and grow quickly.

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Id take the advise of these guys on board and disregard what you thought you've read. Feed away untill indoorsies :)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Use organic fertilizer. Feeds continuously!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Soil looks plenty organic to feed an olive iffin an olive needs feedin.

You fittin to bring it in your house?
Or a garage?

Organic fert?

Sorce

Guns286

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ok. I'll get some organic fertilizer and do it up once a week, until I bring it inside. No garage. I'm putting it in the coldest room of my house and using grow lights. Thanks guys.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok. I'll get some organic fertilizer and do it up once a week, until I bring it inside. No garage. I'm putting it in the coldest room of my house and using grow lights. Thanks guys.

I feed all my indoor stuff all year round. Even when brought indoors under lights. But lower the dosage significantly. Because they're growing. Always growing.

I don't have any olives though. So I don't know how this pertains to your situation.

Sorry to add more mixed up info.

Top Bottom