Examples of ''thinking outside the box''...

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Philippine-bonsai-show-35.jpg

Juniperussabina_370.jpg
a0001111_parts_58dcb9795308c.jpg

1edbc2e4b7e536f990e369c094d71cc8--tropical-fish-tanks-cool-fish-tanks.jpg

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really like that last one. I was in a nice Chinese restaurant that had a large round koi pond with a beautiful maple grouping in the center under a overhead spot. I was disappointed to find out later that the trees were fake, but it was an attractive setup.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
I also like this forest planting. I am putting here as the three dead tress are an example or "outside the box" for me. Most would uproot them, discard and replace with living but this works so well. I also like the scroll as it completes a display that I actually get an emotion from. Which I like. If anyone knows who this display belongs to, please tag them so they can get due credit.
a14.jpg

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@cockroach you and I have been going down the same YouTube rabbit hole. That gated house/courtyard scene was really something. I wish YouTube could translate audio into english.

Reaction score

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
@Tentakelaertje Indeed it is!! Found it on the 2010-2014 page.

Thanks for the link. I did not even know of him and am really glad I do now. Some great inspiration if you are looking to make unconventional bonsai on his website.

Reaction score
@Tentakelaertje Indeed it is!! Found it on the 2010-2014 page.

Thanks for the link. I did not even know of him and am really glad I do now. Some great inspiration if you are looking to make unconventional bonsai on his website.

No probz! Most of them trees are fake tho, keeping a tree alive in a planting like that is pretty hard to do, if not impossible.
He's a great guy as well!

Top Bottom