Ever wonder how tall a Serissa s. can grow to ?

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is the Chinese type and just for fun, I thought I would show you how tall they can grow.
That is a saucer for a big pot, by the way the depth is about 3"
Tallest so far on another plant was 8'

The only problem with the serissa thus far, is they are magnets for leaf cutting ants and after
an attack, they take weeks to recover.
Full sun, simple freely draining soil. High leaf density and excellent branching.
Just remember to stop the flowering after a month, by cutting back.
Otherwise that is all it will do.

The shrub in the image has been airlayered into two presently.

I encourage the reader to try the Chinese type.

In London we saw examples with 3" trunks so they do thicken with time.
Good Day
Anthony

Tall Serissa .jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
We have to primarily grow them indoors here, and they tend to get all kinds of bugs, white flys, scale and some sort of soil born insect. This kind of crap is the main reason I no longer deal with indoor bonsai.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
We have to primarily grow them indoors here, and they tend to get all kinds of bugs, white flys, scale and some sort of soil born insect. This kind of crap is the main reason I no longer deal with indoor bonsai.

How ironic..just spent a good portion of my morning hand spraying indoor in the tub. :mad::confused:

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
How ironic..just spent a good portion of my morning hand spraying indoor in the tub. :mad::confused:
Just invest in a small greenhouse, I spent about 700 on mine and about 90 dollars a winter heating it. It might be a little expensive but it keeps me busy in winter.

Aaron

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just invest in a small greenhouse, I spent about 700 on mine and about 90 dollars a winter heating it. It might be a little expensive but it keeps me busy in winter.

Aaron
Please post it, and how you heat it if you will! I would love to see it.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
AND so the Genius JoeR gives us mortals another answer. - Where is the girth ?

What do we do next ---------- repeat the grow cycle - repot and grow again - trunk is at 1".
Second time we might hit the 2" ----------- worth a try.
Thanks Joe, we were wondering what was next.

Now up to our necks in 3? and under trees, repot time.
Good Day
Anthony

Top Bottom