Ever get a weird response by someone viewing your Bonsai?

This actually has happened to me twice now, the first time back in 87 when my son was almost 3 years old, but this time it was even more weird. Bach then this lady asked me if I "enjoyed hurting trees" I have my plants with me outside my RV and when I am home I usually am watering or trimming or looking at them, either in the light or if its later with my hat light on. I gets lots of people who stop by and compliment me on them, and say things like I always love to look at "Bon-zais" pronouncing it the wrong way as I know it, I then say I have messed with "Bone-sigh" since I was a child as thats the way I understand it to be pronounced. They are almost always compimentary and ask questions and pick one they like the best etc., its always nice to hear compliments and I enjoy conversation with strangers anyway so its fun for me.

Yesterday this old couple came up walking a standard poodle, the big ones the size of a german shepherd, they had it styled with the hair all trimmed except for the pom-pom on the tail and on the head and the balls of fur on each foot. They walked up smiling and the man said " Oh you keep Bon-zais, you're one of them people who like to torture trees", I smiled as I thought he was joking and was about to say hello when his wife? said " I think its criminal to maim trees, to hack them up and keep them from growing as nature intended them to grow" and then she added " Its kind of like a control freak thing to me, you know like someone who wants everything his own way, truly a sick thing"

I was taken aback to say the least, but, as I am never at a lost for words I blurted out, " You mean like someone who embarrasses their pet by cutting its hair to look like a circus dog" The old woman looked as if she was going to hit me, then she turned and said " Lets go, how rude" and stormed off.

Thats just me, making friends wherever I go.

ed
Fabulously appropriate responsešŸ¤£šŸ˜Œ

Back
Top Bottom