European olive, or olea europaea

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
But I'm looking for an older one.

$4500 styled in a bonsai pot!

But I think you could beat that price if you reached out to Eric (Bonsaify) or Jonas (Bonsai Tonight). I’d think they could find you finished wide based shohin or prebonsai for much cheaper. For that price above, you could fly to the Shohin convention in Cali and take Sam Adina’s olive workshop with material if it is offered again!

(Edit: not to throw shade at Wigert’s, I think they have some pretty reasonable prices for most things and I only hear good things.)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
$4500 styled in a bonsai pot!
But I think you could beat that price if you reached out to Eric (Bonsaify) or Jonas (Bonsai Tonight). I’d think they could find you finished wide based shohin or prebonsai for much cheaper. For that price above, you could fly to the Shohin convention in Cali and take Sam Adina’s olive workshop with material if it is offered again!

(Edit: not to throw shade at Wigert’s, I think they have some pretty reasonable prices for most things and I only hear good things.)
Yeah that one is 10 times more that I'm looking to spend. :) Thanks for the advice.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Did ya slip and buy one? I bought one from him. Well, actually a second one. 😁🙃 My Bog Monster came from him too. An honest seller with some amazing material.
Yeah. I ended up getting one from 3m on Ebay. It arrived today and I get unbox it when I get home from work. Glad to see other on hear having good result with this seller. Lots of good stuff on his item list.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Michigan Tree Murderer He's got a good reputation. Don't go repotting it. It very well could be a cutting. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about. He's got a good reputation. But you go messing with repotting. You then add in a risk, you don't need this year. 😉
A repot isn't happening for sure. I'll take my time and find a sweet pot for when it needs it. Looks a little older than a cutting, but I'm still learning so I could be wrong. :) There is a lot to Lichen.

PXL_20230803_232550580.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
A repot isn't happening for sure. I'll take my time and find a sweet pot for when it needs it. Looks a little older than a cutting, but I'm still learning so I could be wrong. :) There is a lot to Lichen.

View attachment 501111
Nice, score!

Actually...my own could be a cutting...truthfully. They root easily like bougainvillea if done at the right time. But wise to take it easy with it.

Top Bottom