Empty branches left by cones on Scot pine

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pe
That is a good link and thanks for posting. Did that come from a book or where if I can ask. Who is Peter?
Peter Throne. It’s from his website blog. I don’t know the man. I just found his information on the pine work interesting, well thought out with excellent detailed photos of his process, and presented in a way the I understood exactly what he did so I could evaluate an application to my plans. I think he is in Scotland.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'm serious...who is the "Peter" that wrote the article in the link? If it's a book, I want it. Peter Pumpkineater

Woops, your post Tieball was not there when I started. Thanks for info. I agree with you in how detailed etc the article was. Finally something I could follow and understand!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm serious...who is the "Peter" that wrote the article in the link? If it's a book, I want it. Peter Pumpkineater

Woops, your post Tieball was not there when I started. Thanks for info. I agree with you in how detailed etc the article was. Finally something I could follow and understand!
The writing was clear, but really....the photographs helped me best understand and have my “I get it” feeling so I really know what direction I’m headed in....I tend to be more visually oriented. I wish he would write and photograph more.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

It's pumpkineater
Peter Pumpkineater
Had a wife but couldnt keep her.
She married Kevin Clameater.

Nishant

Shohin
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

As advised by many people, I pulled down the branches of this scot pine to open up and let the sunlight through. I have a few questions about this tree.

The first question is : This year again this tree has come with each top set to flower. Can someone suggest if I were to cut the new buds (having florets) halfway through, will I get new terminal buds at the end, just as usual bud having needles only would do. Also would it be a good idea to pop out some ( half ) of the florets on each bud to save energy? Just FYI, this tree is 30 years old, I bought three years back.

.IMG-1390.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom