Does anyone happen to know what I found in the trash this past spring?

Likebull1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I was walking back to my car after work and someone threw this away. When I originally picked it up it was a giant mess of twigs and dead branches. I cleaned it up and threw it in some better soil.
I pretty much thought it was dead but surprisingly it sparked back to life. I was pretty aggressive with the branch removal and then I threw some guy wires on it to space everything out a little better.
Just kinda curious what it is...

1000007339.jpg
1000007340.jpg

Oh that's pretty neat! Definitely didn't expect that ha
I shouldn’t have said it with such conviction . . . it was just a guess.

Are the leaves arranged alternately or opposite? Between the photos, my small phone screen, and my failing eyesight, It’s difficult for me to tell.

If it is Lilac, the swelling Spring buds will help with identification.

I shouldn’t have said it with such conviction . . . it was just a guess.

Are the leaves arranged alternately or opposite? Between the photos, my small phone screen, and my failing eyesight, It’s difficult for me to tell.

If it is Lilac, the swelling Spring buds will help with identification.
They're growing opposite of each other

Here is mine. Had it forever, dug it up and moved it 3 times in 20 years. It isn’t super healthy, but it’s definitely a Korean Dwarf Lilac.
985DA14A-DA1C-455B-AFDC-F9CCEFA6A96D.jpegB9C9B715-E2C8-4B16-BC98-E35292E74244.jpegB44B61BF-9D25-4F1B-933B-CF706660DFBE.jpeg

Here is mine. Had it forever, dug it up and moved it 3 times in 20 years. It isn’t super healthy, but it’s definitely a Korean Dwarf Lilac.
View attachment 565530View attachment 565531View attachment 565532
Oh that's definitely the same. Good eye and thanks for the pictures. I tried using a plant identification app multiple times and for some reason it was all over the place.
Guess I'll keep growing it for fun.

Do you happen to know if wire holds on these or do they have a tendency to spring back quickly?

Back
Top Bottom