Daiza carving

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Don't do that! But this is beautiful.
No , it’s just to give me a break. All my pots have been bisqued and this provides a change of scenery till I start glazing. But thanks for the compliment!

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The black plexiglass in the foreground was inspired by a bridge stone I saw a the National last year. It was displayed on a sheet of black plexiglass which made a stunning reflection of the stone from underneath.
This detail sets it apart nicely. I know how unforgivable plexiglass is when cutting/shaping. Another option you could consider, which will conform to any shape is deep pour epoxy. Best thing is you can stain it any color you would like, from translucent to solid, marbleized and metallic. Also, you can over-mold it and it can be carved and polished to a glass like gloss. I think it would be a great addition to your arsenal.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This detail sets it apart nicely. I know how unforgivable plexiglass is when cutting/shaping. Another option you could consider, which will conform to any shape is deep pour epoxy. Best thing is you can stain it any color you would like, from translucent to solid, marbleized and metallic. Also, you can over-mold it and it can be carved and polished to a glass like gloss. I think it would be a great addition to your arsenal.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have used epoxy as you mentioned. The plexiglass worked out well in that it’s absolutely flat and reflective from the get go without having to worry about getting goo on the stone. It really wasn’t difficult to carve.

Top Bottom