Craigslist buys, two yesterday

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Pretty stoked - went out to east providence RI yesterday and bought
Two new plants. The guy had grown coral bark maple acer and kousa dogwoods from seed for 5 years and I got one of each for $70 total. Had 4 to choose from each and theyre 5'. Got some nice tapered trunk on the maple and best of the dogwoods. I'll get some photos later. Any good buys from Craigslist recently for anyone? I might go back and get a mature jade ready for bonsai cuts...3" trunk. $$$ that could be worse spent lol but i need to chill soon. I want some aloe and jade soon I think.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Photos added. Trunk on maple has 1.3" base and dogwood 1"

Seller said next spring repot...im hoping to hard cut and repot mext spring??? Just minor clean up and maintenance until then. I lightly rake away at roots w my hands and added my mix on top. Made sure to concave expose dogwood base after research...maples more buried the nebari and roots from these 5 years from seed seem nice.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Man, Id get my money back if I were you, that last one looks like its going to take a lot of food to keep it happy. ;)

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Man, Id get my money back if I were you, that last one looks like its going to take a lot of food to keep it happy. ;)
The dogwood? Its past bloom time and we have had 3 weeks with one rain yesterday, 85 and humid. I think they go crimson mid season or in drought partially. I have it happy now i think. Now we have thunderstorms with rain for 4 days...

Trying to figure out if the green side of trunk of mAple is from chaffing out suv rear window lol 55 mph home out of lifted 4runner 30 mins. Its bark on other side. The ones imselected were in a lot of sun for him and my place gets a lot of sun, 75% of day. Ill be microdosing liquid miracle grow as ive done my second season. Anyone know what species exact of maple?

Schmikah

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The dogwood? Its past bloom time and we have had 3 weeks with one rain yesterday, 85 and humid. I think they go crimson mid season or in drought partially. I have it happy now i think. Now we have thunderstorms with rain for 4 days...

Trying to figure out if the green side of trunk of mAple is from chaffing out suv rear window lol 55 mph home out of lifted 4runner 30 mins. Its bark on other side. The ones imselected were in a lot of sun for him and my place gets a lot of sun, 75% of day. Ill be microdosing liquid miracle grow as ive done my second season. Anyone know what species exact of maple?

Not the dogwood, the dog. 😅

Edit: just saw that you figured it out lol

Top Bottom