Collected Radiata Pine

bilbocannon

Shohin
Reaction score
I picked up these two radiata pines from the side of the road. It was a very rushed job i didnt leave many roots. From what i have read these arent the best/easiest tree's to work with as bonsai but i figured the quick growth rates would make a fun project.

Snapchat-317526970723625312.jpg Snapchat-7298055194527782388.jpg

Jeremy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good luck, don't get too attached to them. Most success stories with these are collecting as many roots as possible and keeping field soil. Water only when needed, sit back and cross fingers.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Good luck, don't get too attached to them. Most success stories with these are collecting as many roots as possible and keeping field soil. Water only when needed, sit back and cross fingers.
What he means to say is that this tree is most likely going to die because you didn't use the 1/3 rule. Seeing that chop wound I guess u used the 4/5 rule perhaps ;)

bilbocannon

Shohin
Reaction score
Not the end of the world if it dies. Ialso collected 10+ pine cones so i willl have plenty of seeds

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In think you oughta cut off those branches and take it back to your original namesake!

Sorry, I'm still a bit upset.....they wouldn't make you change T-shirt Cannon to turtle neck sweater cannon.

Sorce

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
When I collect conifers I don't prune anything unless it can't fit in the car, then I'm very minimal about what goes. Conifers need as much foliage as possible to regenerate roots. I'm rooting for this one lol pun not intended.

Aaron

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
When I collect conifers I don't prune anything unless it can't fit in the car, then I'm very minimal about what goes. Conifers need as much foliage as possible to regenerate roots. I'm rooting for this one lol pun not intended.Aaron
I have a very small car ;)

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

bilbocannon

Shohin
Reaction score
In think you oughta cut off those branches and take it back to your original namesake!

Sorry, I'm still a bit upset.....they wouldn't make you change T-shirt Cannon to turtle neck sweater cannon.

Sorce

Hahaha

Top Bottom