Coast redwood

Fabulous. I'm fascinated by the trunk-clinging roots on this tree. I see a great deal of ancient character developed with the roots…..especially in this view you attached. The tree has a haunting-draw as my eyes examine the unearthed roots. I really like the root exposure in this instance…..and I hope you’re not planning to remove all the roots from the exposed trunk. The roots create the image and separate the massive tree from other standard trunk-expectations by adding extraordinary details to capture the imagination.IMG_7374.jpeg

I'm guessing that this is a mighty heavy tree. Nice discovery and collection.

Man I would pay YOU if I could come over with a few beers, a toothbrush, and some tweezers to clean up those roots! Pure Zen.

The roots really do have so much character! It makes this thick little guy definitely feel a little spooky. I love it even if it's not the traditional nebari one typically sees

Thanks very much all. No plans in particular for now. Just letting it grow. I’m curious what the trunk looks like under the roots, but not enough to molest them. Roots are definitely easier to take off then put back on.
I’ll keep you updated on progress.

Thanks very much all. No plans in particular for now. Just letting it grow. I’m curious what the trunk looks like under the roots, but not enough to molest them. Roots are definitely easier to take off then put back on.
I’ll keep you updated on progress.
I wouldn’t be taking roots off at all likely. I’d just clean areas to give more root definition….a refinement of the tree. I think the roots give the tree the wild character of age and create a look that stands out well above others.

Kinda looks like pizza the hut - quite the chunker, in a good way!

Back
Top Bottom