Cmeg's first maple

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So,what the hay.Post it now though not getting delivered till' Friday.
My first Japanese Maple bonsai.I just got done watching Bjorn's Maple bonsai masterclass.It was awesome.
This green leaf Japanese maple measures 13" high with 2" trunk at base and about a 3" nebari.
I'm stoked......man,hope shipping is fine!
This will be my first edition to my new home bonsai garden,when I finally get moved in!
Thanks for looking.
IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0077.JPG

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
So,what the hay.Post it now though not getting delivered till' Friday.
My first Japanese Maple bonsai.I just got done watching Bjorn's Maple bonsai masterclass.It was awesome.
This green leaf Japanese maple measures 13" high with 2" trunk at base and about a 3" nebari.
I'm stoked......man,hope shipping is fine!
This will be my first edition to my new home bonsai garden,when I finally get moved in!
Thanks for looking.

It's a beauty! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@milehigh_7 . Thanks so much.I am really excited to see it.Ready to jump right in and observe the strong and weak points and plan for the future of this bonsai.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Jeremy . Thanks.The bark is definitely a factor ,along with the nice lean towards the front in 3rd picture that make me enthusiastic about this bonsai.
Game on for sure!

AndyJ

Shohin
Reaction score
What a smashing tree!! Is it an Arakawa? I'm trying to learn as much as I can about JM's - do you mind me asking about Bjorn's Maple Masterclass? Is there a link? Do you have to pay?

Many thanks,

Andy

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Wilson Thanks.It is encouraging to hear praise from others with a purchase such as this.

@AndyJ . Thanks,I saw in leaf photos and it seems to be the standard green leaf Japanese maple.
Bjorn's masterclass was perfect.Especially for maples with primary branches already in place as it does not delve into rough stock Maple creation.Here is the link to his tutorials page http://www.bjornbjorholm.com/online-bonsai-courses-video-tutorials/

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dude, awesome tree. The only thing I'd change about it is that pot haha. Looks like something I'd eat ramen out of.
I love my palmatum and this is making me want to spend a bit on a nicer one. Jealous

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dude, awesome tree. The only thing I'd change about it is that pot haha. Looks like something I'd eat ramen out of.
I love my palmatum and this is making me want to spend a bit on a nicer one. Jealous
LOL,that is real funny.Thanks GGB!
Yes,I did ponder it needing a new pot.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wow, nice tree. What a great start. Congrats!

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@cmeg1 Pots are purely personal preference don't let me sway you, for all I know it's actually a nice expensive pot.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's a pretty nice tree and up here it would be about twice what you paid!!!!:confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D:D:D:D

But......................

Looks really "lonely", maybe you could offer it a "beverage"? o_O
Like a bottle of fine porter?;):D:D:D:D:D:D
Heheheeee.........for proportionality, you understand.....:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oooops, forgot to ask, is that a "stock" photo? It's May and no leaves?:confused:;);):D:D:D:D

Top Bottom