Camellia Experiment

JoesBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Last Spring I decided to airlayer a branch from my Camellia tree, It took very well.
I repotted the airlayer and left well alone,know it's full of flowers. What I would like to know
if anyone has any experience with them I would like to start styling the tree but branches don't feel easy to wire
Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards
Joe

Attachments

• Cam1.JPG
    Cam1.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Cam2.JPG
    Cam2.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Cam3.JPG
    Cam3.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 56
I think it's very nice. I have no Camelia personally - but I'm not convinced you'll make it a whole lot better with wiring because the branches can be very stiff.

I have one that I've been messing around with for a couple years. It came up as a volunteer at my Mom's house. She dug it up and potted it for me - thanks Ma. Mine has not flowered yet though. It seems to take a drastic cutback pretty well and will backbud. I keep mine in full sun. I haven't had any issues wiring branches on mine. The leaves are pretty large and got pretty ratty looking over the winter. I don't think I've ever taken a picture of it as it isn't very impressive. Maybe I'll take one tonight and post it up.

Here's a bad cell phone shot of mine - didn't have time to take a proper pic. As I said, not very impressive. I keep it around because my Mom gave it to me and in hopes that it will bloom.

Here's a bad cell phone shot of mine - didn't have time to take a proper pic. As I said, not very impressive. I keep it around because my Mom gave it to me and in hopes that it will bloom.

Must be entering senility yourself not to remember -- IF Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy -- just saying.

Back
Top Bottom