Boug Score!

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
A wonderful person, who is not even into bonsai, decided to post on a FB bonsai group that she was getting rid of all the bougainvilleas in her yard. She heard from someone that they made good bonsai so she asked if anyone wanted them. Turns out she was pretty close to me and I actually drive right past her house on the way to work! She invited me to her house to grab a couple as she is going to give them to multiple people. Here are the chunks that I picked up. One small problem. The biggest pot that I have currently is a 10" pond basket. Well the big one's base is actually bigger than that so I'm gonna have to figure something else out which is a good problem!

1696128597068.png 1696128625918.png 1696128677764.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A wonderful person, who is not even into bonsai, decided to post on a FB bonsai group that she was getting rid of all the bougainvilleas in her yard. She heard from someone that they made good bonsai so she asked if anyone wanted them. Turns out she was pretty close to me and I actually drive right past her house on the way to work! She invited me to her house to grab a couple as she is going to give them to multiple people. Here are the chunks that I picked up. One small problem. The biggest pot that I have currently is a 10" pond basket. Well the big one's base is actually bigger than that so I'm gonna have to figure something else out which is a good problem!
Very nice. love the bark and all the bougies have a their own car. ;)

Can you plant the big one inground in AZ?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Very nice. love the bark and all the bougies have a their own car. ;)

Can you plant the big one inground in AZ?

LOL! I didn't have anything handy to show the size! I figured that would do. They are about the most common plant in the landscape here so they absolutely can be put in the ground. I likely won't on these but I could. Once I get rid of those circling roots on the big one the base will be about 9" It's going to be pretty stunning. As a side, she has two huge olive trees that she does not want. ;-)

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
those look amazing, im super jealous o_O

slap together some simple grow boxes and wire them in!

Do you know the color and type?

jradics

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B

View attachment 511422 View attachment 511423 View attachment 511424
my goto container on all collected material is a 3, 7, or 15 gallon nursery pot that's been cut down to about 3 inches tall. Material can stay in there in organic substrate for a year or two to grow roots and try to survive.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
my goto container on all collected material is a 3, 7, or 15 gallon nursery pot that's been cut down to about 3 inches tall. Material can stay in there in organic substrate for a year or two to grow roots and try to survive.
Went for a cement mixing tub LOL

1696308777470.png

queenofsheba52

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great material! Very happy for you!

On a side note, the bougies you sent me some years ago are still doing well! I have kept them small and I enjoy their flowers very much. (I think this was back when you were getting ready to move.)

Top Bottom