Bonsais with fragrant flowers.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Winterhazel (corylopsis). Here is one (corylopsis spicata) I've been working on developing into a clump style. Still got a ways to go (this year after blooming I cut back some of the longer trunks to encourage more branching) but produces huge numbers of very fragrant flowers in early spring. Probably works best as a large tree/clump due to the somewhat coarse growth, large leaves and flower clusters.

Cold hardy species as opposed to many of those already listed (gardenia, water jasmine, etc). This one spends the winter inside my general winter shelter where it is frozen for most of the winter.

winterhazel_apr2021a.jpg

winterhazel_apr2021b.jpg

Tiffinit

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I agree, my wrightia flowers bloom and are only there for a couple days then they fall off, but mine has a whole lot of blooms that are blooming at different times so I get a longer period with flowers rather than without, @coh that is a beautiful clump! Love the flower structure

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Desmodium unifoliatum

20210704_075048.jpg

I'm still trying to work out what to do with mine...but small purple flowers that last a week or more and smell like grapes :)

They are tropical.

Top Bottom