Bonsai in Omaha?

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am going to be in Omaha, Nebraska this week for work. Any bonsai spots in Omaha?

I’ll have some free time, and enjoy checking out bonsai gardens/nurseries/shops when I am away from home.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If @cornfed doesn't know yet....he should!

Sorce

cornfed

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow! Sorce remembered me!

There is the Nebraska Bonsai Society, but there obviously isn't a physical place associated with it. Your best bet to visit a private garden is to contact the NBS on the Facebook page. A couple members man that and would be able to help. (And if you do end up visiting a private bonsai collection in town, let me know and I'll go with you! I want to meet more NBS members and see their trees too).

When the NBS has a show, it is usually at Lauritzen Gardens, but I don't think there is anything up now.

I'm just new to bonsai myself, or else I'd invite you to see my trees. And I'm a new member of the NBS and have only attended one meeting and that was online, so I don't have deep contacts.

Most of the bonsai in town, as far as I know, are in NBS members' backyards. There is not any focused nursery support, I've been looking.

Reach out if you have any questions while you're visiting my city!

Top Bottom