Beginner Pyracantha, kinda messy not sure what to do in spring

Cool. I don't think I can offer anymore than whats already been said by some experienced people here.

I am a fan of pyracantha too. I've one which was an air layer of a parent tree, 5 years ago. I am growing and developing it slowly. it is due to have its second trunk segment chopped off .. any day now. Its not exactly how I wanted it, I should have wired sooner and got better movement but it'll be interesting in 10 years or something.
Your zone is similar to mine, pyra grow well. Back bud well. Everywhere...

Bushy boy, Winter:
DSC_2875 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Down to:
DSC_2883 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Response:
DSC_3013 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Luxury problems:
DSC_3018 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr
DSC_3021 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

And another one, one of the twisted root types, that you might see around.
DSC_1845 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

This one is quite weak in my opinion, has been left to grow a bit more this season, will have some maintenance pruning done soon, let grow for rest of the year. See how it responds next year and I might prune back properly. As long as I can determine it is healthy and strong, it will respond well.

Cool. I don't think I can offer anymore than whats already been said by some experienced people here.

I am a fan of pyracantha too. I've one which was an air layer of a parent tree, 5 years ago. I am growing and developing it slowly. it is due to have its second trunk segment chopped off .. any day now. Its not exactly how I wanted it, I should have wired sooner and got better movement but it'll be interesting in 10 years or something.
Your zone is similar to mine, pyra grow well. Back bud well. Everywhere...

Bushy boy, Winter:
DSC_2875 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Down to:
DSC_2883 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Response:
DSC_3013 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Luxury problems:
DSC_3018 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr
DSC_3021 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

And another one, one of the twisted root types, that you might see around.
DSC_1845 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

This one is quite weak in my opinion, has been left to grow a bit more this season, will have some maintenance pruning done soon, let grow for rest of the year. See how it responds next year and I might prune back properly. As long as I can determine it is healthy and strong, it will respond well.
Thanks for sharing, and nice photo taking abilities, I actually learn more visually. Are you planning to remove the side that looks like a "v"?

Thanks for sharing, and nice photo taking abilities, I actually learn more visually. Are you planning to remove the side that looks like a "v"?
Not sure which bit you mean. Screenshot and circle it for me?

Back
Top Bottom