Beginner Ficus benjamina projects

To my untrained eye, it looks like a benjamina, but maybe a cultivar with a smaller, narrower leaf. But, like I said "untrained eye."

As for the tree itself? I tend to prefer a gentler, more subtle movement. I think this is a fantastic start! Keep us updated in this thread, I'm following to find out the rest of the story.

One of the cuttings from Benjamina #2 already is opening new leaves and poking out a surface root. That was cut and stuck in soil on the 16th of this month; two weeks ago on the dot. Seems pretty vigorous!

On another note, I'm still dragging my feet on where to chop Benjamina #1. I hope to report back soon with a significant chop!

1719778271314.png

Very nice! That's going to be beautiful with that gentle movement, and you're going to have a nice taper, too. Plus, those future projects from all those cuttings.

Nice work! Sounds and looks like you’re learning a lot and having fun. That’s what it’s all about imo. I’m very new to this hobby aswell. I also picked up a Benjamina and a Tiger Bark Ficus. They’re a lot of fun to work with. I’ll be interested to follow along and see how these progress.

It is done indeed! Mr. #1 is looking really serious now. Fingers crossed the cuttings root -- though I see you're not having much problem with that

I'm getting much faster root growth than I expected. Extremely healthy foliage, and budding has been consistent.
I did, however incorrectly identify the third tree as a variegated F. benjamina. It is actually a Ficus triangularis. So some more research is required to ensure I am giving it proper care. I removed the leaf with the brown spot. Not sure if it was disease or burn, but as it is overall very healthy, losing one leaf isn't going to hurt it.

Attachments

• 20240707_071629.jpg
    20240707_071629.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240707_071609.jpg
    20240707_071609.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240707_071536.jpg
    20240707_071536.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom